Advise on buying new hose reels

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by joe34, Oct 5, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. joe34

joe34 Well-Known Member

Hi I'm going to buy some new hose reels in a couple of weeks .at the moment I've got 2 100 metre 8mm hoses which I got with the k system I have in the van.but they are just about coming to the end of their life can anyone recommend any hoses that are easy to use ?is a 6mm hose easier to use and wind up after every job?

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I was advised to use 8mm id as is less strain on pumps but guess 6mm as I've never used it myself could be a bit easier to use.

It's not that expensive to buy so maybe just get one 100 m length & new fittings and see how you get on with it. Then let use now how the two compare side by side :thumbsup:

3. joe34

joe34 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advise I'll give it ago.

4. Ssierragls

Ssierragls Active Member

6mm hose is a lot lighter and more manageable than 8mm. As for the extra strain on the pump, I don't think it's an issue. We have 2 100m reels running off 1 pump and the pump is over 4 years old

5. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

I went from years of using 8mm to 6mm & expected to have to run the pump harder. However, there was virtually no difference, I only had to knock the varistream up by one value on the pressure setting. The 6mm is lighter & easier to manage.

Advertisement