Affiliation

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by CNS-southwest, Nov 7, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

Just an idea that came into my head,

Basically there is a reputable glass company in my area, I was Gona approach them and basically go along the lines of, ill stick a sponsored by stick and an a4 size peice with there logo and dets on my van, I I can put one for me on theirs and then we exchange business cards, leaflets and for every house I work on, ill give them their leaflet if they do the same visa versa.

Anyone have any experience of this before?

All comments and suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Dave

Advertisement
  2. GMcleaning

GMcleaning Guru

my brother works for a glazing firm and the main problem is they work all over, iv got them to pass my details on to a couple of local jobs though, and got a couple of custys from it so if you can get a glazing company that only does local work you should do alright

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Networking is good business but not sure about advertising someone else's company on your van though.

4. CNS-southwest

The company I was thinking of is local and work within the same 10 miles radius that ill work so hopefully that won't be such an issue

5. GMcleaning

GMcleaning Guru

yh i definitely wouldnt want a double glazing firms details on my motor, but id be happy to hand out details to custys that might need them

6. CNS-southwest

I was thinking about that too, but my sign writing will be quite big, where as there sponsor bit will only be a4 and will be low down on the doors...

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Thing is you have to think of your reputation so if for some reason the firm that you have advertised on you van does a bad job etc and word spreads could have a bad impact on your business too. ;)

8. WindyCleanerMan

WindyCleanerMan Active Member

No company is infallible and some do make mistakes, if the company has a good reputation to date then i'd go for it. Its only a decal at the end of the day can take it off. Had a window company owner today ask me of if i'd do all his new fits, (clean his windows aswel) said yeah no prob but would be charged extra as travel out of area etc and he said it was fine, likely to pick a few new custies up, no canvassing, any customers I give him i'll get commission on as well so quids in. In today's financial climate i think its worth getting work where you can. extra revenue can't be bad.

9. harunh

harunh Legend

i agree with u... i like the way u think :) very business minded :)

10. CNS-southwest

Yer defo think if you make your choice carefully, but could potentially be a real positive for your business

Advertisement