After 8 months tradding, just bought my first WFP package...

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Neil nowdownunder, Oct 30, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Neil nowdownunder

Hi all,

I know its a bit late now. Should have asked you before I bought. I've purchased this WFP kit and should arrive on Wednesday. Nearly all homes over here have at least one outdoor tap, so this requires no pump and is simply hooked up to the outdoor tap for us. The pole is supposed to be 100% carbon fibre.

This is what I've ordered...
    I'm doing mainly residential cleaning.

Appreciate opinions. Looking forward to using this.

Thanks,
    Neil.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. iconic

iconic Newcomer

How hard is the water in your area?

3. Jake

Jake Grand Master

It should get you going nicely, check the tap tds in the area, as this will determine how much resin you go through...

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

So is there a battery or is the water going through to the brush by means of tap water pressure?

5. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

As others say your TDS reading is going to decide if this is going to be expensive to run or not, I couldn't get away with just DI in my area.

And looks like it must run directly off tap pressure as Tuffers says, could also be an issue if their taps are low on pressure.

6. Neil nowdownunder

Thanks all for your replies. Greatly appreciated. I'm working an area called Mornington Peninsula ( about an hours drive south of Melbourne) all taps here appear Ive come across have very high pressure. Water quality here is fantastic. I couldn't drink tap water in the Midland's UK (where I came from), but its O.K. here. The TDS is around 60 PPM which I think is fairly low isn't it? Its not a hard water area.
    I guess the only potential problem for me here is when I do industrial units with no outdoor tap and remote country parts in the middle of the peninsula with only tank water supply which won't have much pressure.

7. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

60ppm and good tap pressure you should be laughing.

8. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Sounds fine, resin should last a while, but check tds at the brush head at each house to make sure it's coming out at 000ppm,

Also the speed of the water going through the resin might too fast with high tap pressure,

It may worth getting a van with a tank and a pump for when the pressure is too high/low, and also when your cleaning places with no tap in sight,

You can always keep the tank topped up with customers water whilst cleaning if you used the tank and pump!

9. Neil nowdownunder

Thanks Diwrnach and Jake. I'm excited should be here tomorrow.
    Are you saying the high water pressure could prematurely use up the resin. I guess if there's enough pressure with tap half open I could do that? Would that have an effect on resin use? Do you always keep a spare bag with you in your vehicle?

10. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

I'm produce water at home and take it with me.

The pressure itself shouldn't effect the resin, but you will need a certain amount to push the water through the resin all the way through the hose and have at least some pressure out of the brush.

Advertisement