Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump Problem

JonS

Ive got a 100psi 5L/Min pump in my van with digital controller and whilst in use it runs fine for around 10 secs then flashes de(dead end detected) then stops for a couple of secs then carries on again. At the pole end the flow seems to stay constant and is not really effected by this but im wondering why its doing it? i have made sure there are no kinks in my hose or anything like that. I am using 6mm microbore hose and notice that a lot of people use 8mm so could this be the reason maybe?

Thanks in advance for any help

I've found that air in the system and/or dead end detection set to low can cause that problem.

Remove the hose reel and flush air out of the system by turning the pump up full until all air seems to be removed and a strong flow accurse.

Then connect the hose reel and wfp and do the same with the pump at full power. Once done lower the pump setting to what you normally would use it at then re cal the dead end stop if need be. Simples...

It's definitely not air as that would produce a spluttering effect at the brush head, but it definitely is too low a setting, I imagine that there is an up and down buttons, try holding down both buttons and see if it allows you to calibrate, if so make the number higher.

Ive got a 100psi 5L/Min pump in my van with digital controller and whilst in use it runs fine for around 10 secs then flashes de(dead end detected) then stops for a couple of secs then carries on again. At the pole end the flow seems to stay constant and is not really effected by this but im wondering why its doing it? i have made sure there are no kinks in my hose or anything like that. I am using 6mm microbore hose and notice that a lot of people use 8mm so could this be the reason maybe?

Thanks in advance for any help
this is normal for a pump

Sounds like the exact same problem I had.

I use 12mm pipe from the tank, to the pump, to the DI and then to the 6mm hose reel.

I tried everything to get it working. i even cut the hose reel in half as i heard the pump/varistream cant manage 100m of 6mm hose /emoticons/sad.png

However after re building and moving my system about i came to the conclusion that going from a 12mm pipe to a 6mm hose reel was creating to much back pressure resulting it to go into dead end mode.

I connected a standard garden hose reel with 12mm pipe to test the theory and it worked!!!

So I bought a new 8mm hose reel and it seems to work fine. I run the pump on level C flow rate 5-6.

Hope that's some help

Cheers mate that is very helpfull as ive checked everything else and its all working as it should so i think i will be getting some 8mm hose this week

Should make no difference if everything is set up correctly but I was told by a supplier using a hose reel with a hose of 8 id is less strain on the pump than 6 id so the pump would last longer. Simples...

100% you need to recalibrate the controller, its dead ending as you have the pressure too low.

Depending on your controller, they're different ways to do this....

If its a liquid logic (from gardiners) unreel around 30/40m of your hose reel, and extend your pole and have your water running (this ensures you set it at the best pressure)

On the controller, there are 3 keys, press the left and right at the same time.

Then the CAL setting will flash, press and hold the down key untill it says auto and the press the enter button.

The controller will now calibrate auromatically.

When a number flashes that will be your setting, press enter and jobs a good un!!

You'll need to re cal a couple of times a year (summer&winter) due to temp differences!

I'm sure someone can help you with a varistream, its slightly different as the settings are letters rather than numbers

Youre absolutely right mate(someone else mentioned this as well) i recalibrated it this afternoon and all is well now. Thanks a lot for the help everyone, i guess it was one of those things that isnt that hard to solve but unless you know how to do it its a right pain!

Glad you got it sorted mate, its things like that you tend to overlook untill you need to and then pull your hair out when things dont work!!!!

Back