After First Clean

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Richmaze1981, Feb 6, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Richmaze1981

Richmaze1981 Active Member

So after the first clean is done with wfp & you come back around 456 weeks later do you just clean the glass or do you hit the top frames every time and rince them?? Hope this makes sence lol

Advertisement
  2. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

I keep the frames and sills clean every time.

pretend there your windows and do them how you`d like them done.

3. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

clean them all each time.

4. Richmaze1981

Yeah that's what I've been doing just worried dirt will run down off them even know I clean them hard and rince rince rince going though some water doing all the first cleans. I got 25 4 bed houses to do over the next 2 days all lead

5. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

I still do my first cleans off ladders if ness, I like to solvent clean all the sills etc...

frames wont cause you any trouble, but vents, possibly alloy frames may, best thing to do if unsure is hang around to see the results.

You`ll know your windows better than anyone so do what you think is best. Keep the customer happy and your happy too.

I know it wont make you money hanging around, but you can make up for that the next clean when your round the house in no time at all.

6. Richmaze1981

Yeah nice advice Taylormade74. I've traded them for 5 years so frames are wiped clean anyway & I've got 12 in one road & 13 in the other so I can keep an eye on them throughout the day can't wait to get all the first cleans done then its cruz control lol

7. harunh

harunh Legend

just wipe over the frames :) takes 1,2 seconds :)

8. Aqua-pure Portadown

Aqua-pure Portadown Active Member

If you go over the vents how do you stop the dirty water running out after and staining the windows

9. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

You could do vents first on all windows then go round and do windows this way they should have stopped dripping so much or rinse loads. Best option leave the vents Lol they are a nightmare. To be honest I always did them but you have to do them every time to ensure they stay clean and you don't get dirt running from them.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

10. harunh

harunh Legend

i always clean vents good on first clean :) second clean i just rub am brush over them :) very simple mate ull get used to it in no time

Advertisement