After lots of research Im slightly doubtful

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by azzy, Feb 22, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. azzy

azzy Guest

Is trolley system gonna be a painin the ass filling all the time.. How many s
    3 bed semis wud it do roughly??

Think I have worked it all out bar the usage of water?

End of day its for safety and dnt mind time but just wondering is it gonna be ok for 500 houses a month - bearing in mind trad d/s
    [hr]
    25 litre tank i must add. And a couple more hopefully already made pure water in boot of car is plan if it worked

Advertisement
  2. ricoclay

ricoclay Guest

I use a trolley system and most of the time I can get almost 2 houses out of a 25ltr bottle. I generally carry around 5-6 bottles at any one time and can do a full days work with this (sometimes I may need a top up which I go to an aquatics centre to get)

The only downside is if you are having to go into peoples back gardens and they are messy Swear word!s you sometimes have to take the trolley apart to carry it over dog ****/bin bags/broken bikes etc. Might be worth looking at a back pack also

3. azzy

azzy Guest

Ace. Can u not just top up at peoples back gardens if they have a tap and u have ur resin filter thing in car??

These spare containers too - are they easy to pick up??

Thanks

4. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Its your decision dude, but i couldnt be bothered with a trolley system. Dont get me wrong, i can see its advantages, but as far as im concerned, the drawbacks far outweigh the plus points. Maybe a trolley, or backback system, in combination with a van system, but not a trolley on its own. I run a 500l system, and my round is pretty well spread out. I would say on an average day i use between 350-425 litres, can you imagine what a monumental pain in the a**e that would be with a trolley system!. Obviously different windy's in different situations will have different opinions on this, especially if thet are trad and wfp (im wfp only) but that's mine!.

5. azzy

azzy Guest

Im gettin that - My run is all withinabout 1 000 metres of my house and thats around 500... Literally have 30 houses per street so its easy enuf :0

Trolley wud suit me for upstairs and trad down i think...

Poss 4 - 5 houses per 25 lts??? For tops...

6. ricoclay

ricoclay Guest

Azzy, do you work from a van??? I only use a trolley as I haven't been able to save up enough pennies for a van so work from the back of my mondeo estate

7. azzy

azzy Guest

rico I work from a big vectra - boot is huge.. Wife has a beetle so we have to keep mine for kids.... No van can happen ... Just wonder if a van sustem wit 200 lit tank wud fit in boot,,,, same price as trolley nearly

8. ricoclay

ricoclay Guest

Get a van then mate. 200ltrs would kill your suspension if its in the boot. With regards to costs, you can do it relatively cheap if you know what you are doing and not getting the whole kit from a cleaning company

9. azzy

azzy Guest

no what ur sayin mate but have to keep the car - never thought of suspension.... Its trolley for me i think... Its 800 all in for one at a company near me that use gardiners poles etc - seems to be best deal. Guy told me just to get spare container frm carwash place etc instead of buying new ones..

Also the pureify water business is it as easy as running tap thru resin and that is....

10. ricoclay

ricoclay Guest

I paid half of that price for my Bayersan Trolley mate and it works fine. Got the containers from a car parts place with DI water in them. Paid about 8 quid each. With regards to refills. Just did a deal with a tropical fish place nearby to me and pay £2 for a 25l fill. Was getting cheaper from an industrial window cleaners locally but no receipts so was having to lose £30 to the tax man

Advertisement