Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

After washing windows still seeing dried rain mark residue

ebenezer o

Hello, I need some urgent help.

I used my window pole to experiment doing cut in straight pulls on my personal window. I've been using HG Window Cleaner 500ml and I thought this might be the issue as to why my window cleaning isn't too good so when I tried out cut in straight pulls on my window I switched to washing up liquid.

The washing up liquid made my window look so clean, after I had to scrub and squeegee with my pole a few time, but upon further inspection I saw dry rain marks on my window.

What can I do to get rid of these dry rain marks and offer a better service to my customers? Many thanks.

It sounds like the window has scaling on it, mineral deposits. It’s not very likely this is from the rain, more likely from tap water splashing on the window. You should be able to remove it with a window scrapper. 

It sounds like someone said I can clean the window myself and pulled out the hose ..and see job done, but now realize "oh man now I need a real window cleaner"?

Here we use a product call "Restore one" works for mild hardwater  stain removal. 

Sometimes if its real light staining a window scraper new blades (one direction scraping) and a bronze pad will make quick work of it.

Hope this helps good luck on the job.

It sounds like someone said I can clean the window myself and pulled out the hose ..and see job done, but now realize "oh man now I need a real window cleaner"?

Here we use a product call "Restore one" works for mild hardwater  stain removal. 

Sometimes if its real light staining a window scraper new blades (one direction scraping) and a bronze pad will make quick work of it.

Hope this helps good luck on the job.
Winsol cc 550 is the best stuff ever..made in the USA I believe also.

I've used it a few times. It works good. I like restore one it's a little less harsh imo.

Back