Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Nutter pulled a knife and cut my line!!

koopmaster

I clean most of a block. 2 top flats and 2 bottom. I don't clean the nutter on the bottom. She argued with me last month about water dripping on her windows...

So I clean the top and do next door.. finish and as I come from the back she walk out with a 10 inch knife and cuts my line...

I crapped myself .. I know she's a nutter so I shouted at her and she waved the knife at me .. well that was it. I dialed 999 and took photos..

While I was on with the operator she comes out again and screamed at me.. so i told the operator I would go down the road as I didn't feel safe.

Pack up.. drive about 200 yards.. wait for police.. then the nutter drives up .. she's now driving around the island next to me and watching me.. so I filmed her and told my self to move.. I moved another 400 yards and flashed the cops..

So im showing them the video of her in the car... Saying she would smash my face in.. and the photos.. and she drives past..

Cops say to me.. you wait here.. and they scream off..

1 of the cops comes back and said she's been arrested and takes my statement..

Later found out she didn't have mot or insurance and also criminal damage for my hose.

Only thing is the cops said she's a nasty piece off work.. and last time I argued with her she said she would find me and have my van burned and me f upped..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I do some top floor flats and have a nutter, not as nuts as yours, and just ignore her. With this one I doubt the money is worth the potential hassle. Either that or do hers to keep the peace. 

Last edited by a moderator:
We stopped doing flats for this very reason. Nightmare neighbors. We only take them on by the block now, and through whatever maintenance manager/department. Not the residents themselves. Gotta feel for the genuine people who live in flats and cant get their windows cleaned but the for the abuse you get its just not worth it. Glad you are ok, that could have turned really nasty. A hose is replaceable, you aren’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I clean most of a block. 2 top flats and 2 bottom. I don't clean the nutter on the bottom. She argued with me last month about water dripping on her windows...

So I clean the top and do next door.. finish and as I come from the back she walk out with a 10 inch knife and cuts my line...

I crapped myself .. I know she's a nutter so I shouted at her and she waved the knife at me .. well that was it. I dialed 999 and took photos..

While I was on with the operator she comes out again and screamed at me.. so i told the operator I would go down the road as I didn't feel safe.

Pack up.. drive about 200 yards.. wait for police.. then the nutter drives up .. she's now driving around the island next to me and watching me.. so I filmed her and told my self to move.. I moved another 400 yards and flashed the cops..

So im showing them the video of her in the car... Saying she would smash my face in.. and the photos.. and she drives past..

Cops say to me.. you wait here.. and they scream off..

1 of the cops comes back and said she's been arrested and takes my statement..

Later found out she didn't have mot or insurance and also criminal damage for my hose.

Only thing is the cops said she's a nasty piece off work.. and last time I argued with her she said she would find me and have my van burned and me f upped..

That's mental mate! Good thing you didn't get hurt. What's the plan now? Is she getting charged with anything or are you leaving it?

Sounds like a pain in the ars job but it's good to stand your ground ide carry a couple snooker balls in a sock on the next visit just in case it kicks off as a last resort

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Handled it better than I would have, I'd have probably called old bill, stood my ground, and things would have been a lot worse for her, especially if she was still waving the knife about. I'd have pushed for a prosecution for "threats to kill".

I actually thought about it. If she came at me with the knife and I whacked her with the pole it would be self defence.. she's admitted criminal damage .. no car insurance and no not so she's going to court.. I need to pop into the police station and drop off the video evidence..

I actually thought about it. If she came at me with the knife and I whacked her with the pole it would be self defence.. she's admitted criminal damage .. no car insurance and no not so she's going to court.. I need to pop into the police station and drop off the video evidence..

You did well to get the evidence. I genuinely don't know what I'd now do in your situation. I'd be tempted to forget the block altogether. Every time you do it you would be looking over your shoulder.

I believe in standing up to bullies 100% but this is more sinister and potentially dangerous. Sounds like a serious personality disorder. Its your call but no one could blame you if you never went back to that area. 

Your description sounds like 4 flats.  What's that to you? £40 or £50 pe4 clean?

How much is a new length of hose?  Not as much as a few weeks off when she knifes you in the back one day.  

I would write all the neighbors and explain that you wont service them anymore (apoligetically) and the reasons why and include the crime report number.   Also forward a copy of the info to the council.. if enough complain they will shift her but that will take an age. 

Personally I would get out Sarurday morning and knock up another £50 of business and drop the block.  You wont need to stress next time you go there as to what may happen.  Or insist thr police or council provide muscle to let you do your job safely. 

You did right to retreat and call the hot fuzz though.  Weather defending yourself is right or wrong you know the headline would be 'Window Cleaner assults mum of two with massive pole' 

Good job on staying cool. 

"Window cleaner assaults mum of two with massive pole"

Could be either the mum or the window cleaner with the impressive endowment :1f61c:

I can imagine the response too - the militant feminists lining up to recall their ordeal at the hands (!) of their window cleaners, and their wimpy male counterparts green with envy.

Flats are a pain, I only do them if the bottom flat is done as well, had all this before with dripping and one of my customers lives above one where they are not too co-operative when it comes to leaving the gate unlocked, I've kept the few I've got but I've binned some not taking any more on. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock