Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter, Soffit And Fascia Cleaning Using Pressure Washer....?

vinny8467

Why is it that nobody uses Pressure Washers with extendable lances (available up to 7.2mts) to clean the outside of gutters, soffits and fascias.....??

Using a pressure washer telescopic lance can also force water into the roof space too which is not a good idea.

id only use the telescopic lance on big detached houses , i find it a lot faster but thats more of a soft wash with low pressure also i clean the vented areas on th soffit witha wfp as i wouldnt risk blasting these areas and doing damage.

main reason is that you could damage stuff and get water going into the loft space and into the house. then theres always the mess that it spays everywhere, all over next door etc.

Using a pressure washer telescopic lance can also force water into the roof space too which is not a good idea.
My main reason for not using it and it doesnt get all the green stuff either. It still needs treated with ubik / virosol

Overspray can be just as bad when using WFP. So would hate to use a lance. I hate doing fascias when the house is in estate full of houses. As usually the overspray goes everywhere.

Good point …

That's why I’m always mindful of next door washing etc so am always polite to try pre warn others what I am doing. Also the spin off from that is a very good way to gain their interest in for future work. :Image9:

Overspray can be just as bad when using WFP. So would hate to use a lance. I hate doing fascias when the house is in estate full of houses. As usually the overspray goes everywhere.

Fair points guys, thanks...

Next question then!! What is the best method of getting UBIK onto the guttering to soak off the dirt and grime?

I've found just spraying it onto the wfp brush works just fine for me as most of the time I use very little ubik. You also need to be carefull as too strong the mix will staine white plastic when it reacts with the dirt and plastic

You can also make up a telescopic sprayer out of an old wfp or a 5m harris pole for shorter work. Just attach a sprayer nozzel to the end of the pole. Then long enough pole hose attached to either a pump up or backpack 12v sprayer. Simples...

Well it's dead easy talking about it as opposed to actually doing the work for sure :Image13:

Latest Posts

Back