Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Air vent vs roof rack

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Martin C

I’ve recently purchased a combo van with a rotating roof vent installed, also the van has rhino roof bars, the trouble I’m having is I’m unable to put any ladders on the roof as the vent is higher than the bars, therefore the ladders won’t sit on the racks as hitting the top of vent.
Any ideas a way around this? Thanks

Can you not put the roof vent between the rungs of the ladder ? I should then miss it ?.
I’ve not got the ladders yet, but thinking ahead I can see the vent is higher than the roof bars, if the gap in the ladders is wide enough that would be another good option, thanks

I was considering one of those spinny, air thingys to help with condensation, however, it crossed my mind that when the weather gets freezing and I have my oil filled radiator on, would the vent just blow the warmer air out the van? ?

I was considering one of those spinny, air thingys to help with condensation, however, it crossed my mind that when the weather gets freezing and I have my oil filled radiator on, would the vent just blow the warmer air out the van? ?
Is it worth having your van roof cut up though, why not just insulate although I've no idea how easy it would be to remove the double-sided tape from the roof depending on what your intentions are if you do retire in the next few years as planned.

Is it worth having your van roof cut up though, why not just insulate although I've no idea how easy it would be to remove the double-sided tape from the roof depending on what your intentions are if you do retire in the next few years as planned.
My roof and tank are already insulated.
Just was going for the belt and braces approach

My roof and tank are already insulated.
Just was going for the belt and braces approach
I was just thinking ahead in terms of you selling your van on, I know already this winter you've had lower temperatures of - 9c which is rare for down south we have only had - 5c north of the wall

Did you have to have your furs on? 1673191323607.png

I was just thinking ahead in terms of you selling your van on, I know already this winter you've had lower temperatures of - 9c which is rare for down south we have only had - 5c north of the wall

Did you have to have your furs on? View attachment 27835
In a couple of years I will be selling the whole shebang, so yeh, not worth to much faffing about I suppose ?

Back