Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

starting out

fozzer

hi so i want to start window cleaning in my area, but what things do i have to do like register as self employed, keep accounts and sort taxes. and then there is public liabilty insurance. It will only be myself.

will be working on foot till i pass my test.

i have most of the equipment i need.

any help would be much appreciated

Personal liability insurance is a must, gleaming insurance is around 15 a month for 1m cover. Regestering as self employed is easy but you have 12 weeks to set it up. Apart from that all you need is to work hard and keep records of income and expenditure. Anything youve bought in the last 2 years for the business can be included in startup costs. If unemployed then you can apply for nea through the job centre which will help you whilst you get going.

Firstly register as self employed - all the information is here - Working for yourself - GOV.UK

Secondly get your liability insurance, for reasons I can't be bothered to list Gleaming insurance is the best.

Thirdly look on Google and find a small business accountant near you. All will do a free 30 minute consultation to let you know what they can do for you and how you should handle your books. Self employed an accountant should be about £150 per year to do all your returns etc.

Now go clean some windows.

Latest Posts

Back