Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

is my leaflet any good?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

slippy

I am worried my flyer doesn't look professional. I only have a mobile number. Should I have a house number? Someone looked at mine (a customer and said it looked dodgy as she wouldn't know where to find me if there was a problem).

flyer.docx

the customer who said your leaflet isnt right needs dropping off your round a.s.a.p. as its perfectly ok.

shes rubbish, i can guarantee you that

Personally reckon if they are going to reply to fliers they will,or won't..doubt there's as much thought put into it as we probably put in,obviously cos it matters to us I know.

Flier looks fine,punt them oot :)

it's just I haven't had a lot of response to them. When I give them to people they rarely call. Most of my customers are from canvassing and I get their number and text them.

Drop CRB checked.
Why? isn't it good? The lady is slatted the leaflet said I had no landline number. is this an issue? I am thinking about getting a landline fitted, I also do handyman work so I could put that on those leaflets as well.

Just don't think it's an essential piece of info for a leaflet - v rarely asked for.

Leaflet does the trick - try not to be put off by 1 persons comment.

Looks fine ! Maybe a bit too Much text , but Thats a matter of taste . And just imo . I use an ugly yellow one . Just saying " Windowcleaning " and contacts .

Nothing else , and it's by far my most effective one . Because if they're interested,they will look at my webpage.

Getting custys often on that . Size is half of a copy sheet.

Sometimes its regional what works .

IMO - it's not a very good leaflet - but NOT because it doesn't have a landline number or an address on it as neither of those are important.

First - it's too fussy - it doesn't hit you in the eye that this is a window cleaner's leaflet. A leaflet has about 2 seconds to make an impression before it gets binned along with the Pizza offers, free newspapers, political leaflets etc.

Rule 1 - the biggest and clearest words on any window cleaner's leaflet should be WINDOW CLEANING. Not your name, not any discount offers, not even "FREE" (although "FREE WINDOW CLEANING" would be an exception to that - as if!).

Second, it's too wordy - "Both windows and frames cleaned each and every time" extending over two lines - why not "Frames and sills cleaned every time" on one line (you don't need to mention that windows get cleaned every time - you're a WINDOW cleaner!)? Don't use more words than you absolutely have to.

Black text on a blue background - I'm not saying don't do it, but don't do it if you've surrounded it with black text on a white background. Nobody's reading the text on the blue background in that layout.

And as for that script writing - hmmmm. Just no, and thrice no.

As I say - a leaflet has about 2 seconds to make an impression before it gets binned. All the rest ("reliable, professional, local, highly recommended, CRB checked, recommended by the Pope and the Queen, God himself uses us to clean his windows, we'll pay you to let us clean your windows for the first year") are irrelevant if you haven't got their attention in those 2 seconds.

The most prominent thing on that leaflet is your company name - and trust me, nobody gives a damn about your company name. The most prominent thing on that leaflet SHOULD be that you're a window cleaner.

How many of these have you delivered? Leaflets is a numbers game! If you have delivered 3,000+ and have not seen a good response, scrap it and try something new.

Never use the business name as a headline in any advertising you do.

I thought the 'first 50 customers' thing needs to be dropped. How is anyone going to know if they are in the first 50 customers or not?

Font was too fancy and not representative of a tradesmen. I use Arial on my business cards cos its simple and easy to read and conveys the right message. Reading the other comments, I'm learning that perhaps I've been making mistakes with my flyers in the past.

I always have '[company name] Window Cleaning', followed by my information which is along the lines of

From only £12!

Fully Insured

Competitive prices

Professional Service

Contact [my name, website, email]

...and then my contact details at the bottom. I've had OK success with this infomation. But its about the areas youu target. Look at the sills, thats a dead giveaway.

Reading what @Green Pro Clean Ltd wrote on another post, Im now gonna put something like

'WE CLEAN YOUR SILLS AND FRAMES ON EVERY VISIT'

cos this will likely set you apart from others and

I could understand a customer wanting contact details on the flyer, if theres an address then it gives you a door to bang on if needed.

I can't understand why a landline is such a big problem though, after all if you answer the landline then your not out cleaning windows.

I haven't put my address on anything but I always have my website, email and phone number on stuff, my website Google listing and every other listing is plastered in my contact details so they can find me easy enough.

Maybe that's where I'm going wrong though maybe it should have my address on

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

If I'm cleaning/canvassing local and I've my address on the flier its been mentioned more than a few times 'oh your local, I like to see local guys doing well' etc..its an opening for sealing the deal!

The landline calls always come from older people for me..they maybe are used to that being the main mode of digital contact so to speak, and having your landline diverted to mob isn't an issue.

Back