Alfa romeo

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by norm, Jul 13, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. norm

norm Grand Master

i drive an alfa romeo 156 2l bought for £1200
    as i was going on a 250 mile drive with all family on board decided to check the oil
    the mrs has been using it 5 days a week for months 25 mile round journey
    hadnt checked the oil in a year or so :rolleyes:
    long story short took 2 litres :eek: to sort it
    cant believe it didnt trash the engine
    respect to alfa romeo

Advertisement
  2. seye

seye Forum Addict

I thought you were testing your microphone with that title, Alfa romeo tango one lol.

I had Volvos for years and its incredable how well built they were aswell, I stopped buying them when they were bought by ford, not that I could afford a new one though, but would still look at getting a second hand origional. Alfa Romeo is a car I never had before but they sound robust aswell.

3. cheapncheerful

your a racy little bear norm....:D

top gear did a test a few years ago where they emptied the oil out and carried on driving....they all lasted quite well all things considered...

okay...i have to go check mine....:eek:

i had a volvo 340 it was a great car bit heavy on the juice but solid as a rock....didnt stop rust killing it though...top of the rear springs...ahh i miss it...

there is a local windy around here who has a blue p reg 240 estate going strong with piles of ladders on top he doesnt half graft ..if your on here respect...he did look so laid back and relaxed when i pulled out behind oh so comfy them seats...

when gav sorts out the flyers for this site i will easy hunt him down...

4. seye

seye Forum Addict

Probably a 740 or 940 CnC the 240 were finished production way earlier than the P reg. I had an E reg 240 years ago and 740 and 940s I'm not surprised the window cleaner is still using one perfect as plenty of room.

5. cheapncheerful

yeh i wasnt paying attention...740 may be nearer the mark....i am really tempted to still get one as they are really well built and loads of room...that poor 340 moved house for us....loads on top too...thankful we didnt move far...

they be a nice movers them alfas....but very prone to rust in the early days spoilt them....i can just see that norm zooming down the country lanes...

6. seye

seye Forum Addict

Believe it or not I'm looking at v70's on gumtree just now. Rust is the same with nissans Ive got a primera and the paint is just flaking off. Great cars though.

7. cheapncheerful

er...you dont want to know what i just looked at....okay...well it is only down to being lazy and the local garage...
    its a t reg ford galaxy...he reckons 1999 but i not sure about t reg then....
    my idea was to rip the seats out and use it as a posh van....and of course i could still put the seats back...but underneath i spotted the dreaded rust at that age...not so sure i could deal with that again...its a diesel...

8. seye

seye Forum Addict

What was he asking for it?

9. cheapncheerful

well a ridiculous£1295....with full mot ...but i not so keen on rusty rot...on a side member behind the front wheel...i clicked on a more modern one only £795 but found it was in coventry...mines a 02 passat estate and not in brill condition which i actually bought off him...i also clean his windows....so i was hoping to cut a deal with my car and £500...but its a bit of a backwards step really...i do his windows occasionally...hes a reputed millionaire...
    anyway he saw me looking with the wife but never came over so...thats the end of that...unless i do his windows and he mentions seeing me looking...i aint going to him as that would give him the edge...

i have to retax this month and i need four new tyres soon...

10. seye

seye Forum Addict

I would steet clear plenty of other options out there you could get well better for £1200. :thumbsup:

Advertisement