Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best way to clean inside the frames

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Luffy

Evening,

I have been asked to clean the part of the window that is inside the frames (the bit where the locking mechanism is on PVC windows) 

Any tips, good cloths/brushes to get to make the job easier? I have searched but can't work out what that part of the window is actually called!

Thanks

Evening,

I have been asked to clean the part of the window that is inside the frames (the bit where the locking mechanism is on PVC windows) 

Any tips, good cloths/brushes to get to make the job easier? I have searched but can't work out what that part of the window is actually called!

Thanks
cloth and toothbrush may be best bet, and a can of compressed air you use for keyboards. Never done them so its a but of a guess

cloth and toothbrush may be best bet, and a can of compressed air you use for keyboards. Never done them so its a but of a guess
Oh no the dreaded toothbrush haha! I'm leaning towards a bowl of hot soapy water, a soft dustpan brush and a load of towels!

I use a washing up brush some soapy water and a cloth to dry afterwards.

Maybe a little degreaser spray if there real bad.
9085e877ef60ef1a7d96bbe351735bb1.jpg

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I always thought one of them hand held steam cleaners would have been useful for it. Though they seemed useless for everything else 

I did a house about a year ago. Never again took ages didn't realise how long it would take plus they were absolutely bogging. Luckily I had my henry hoover in the van with some attachments, so ended up hoovering all the **** out then using a non scratch washing up sponge get it all wet and soapy they just dry cloth the residue off. Came up ok but as someone else suggested may be a hand held steamcleaner would be a lot better. Good Luck and hope you priced the job better that I did.

Loads of nightmare stories! It's for a family member otherwise i would've swerved it however i've bundled it in to a £350 gutter clean and from memory they aren't terrible. Ive got some Ubik so will get myself armed with both that and a dyson and away we go! Hoping to get everything done in a day 

Evening,

Thanks
I've done a couple of these jobs. I charged £2 per opening and used my spray bottle and loads of cloths.

I said to customers that I would get worst off not a perfect job.

I was underpriced because there are 8 runs to clean per opening.. 4 inside the frame and 4 around the window.

Loads of nightmare stories! It's for a family member otherwise i would've swerved it however i've bundled it in to a £350 gutter clean and from memory they aren't terrible. Ive got some Ubik so will get myself armed with both that and a dyson and away we go! Hoping to get everything done in a day 

Personaly i I don’t think that’s expensive , we do a few jobs like this plastic clean gfs conservatory in and out and out side windows on house prices from £350 to £600 takes two people a day it’s fiddly work cleaning round all the window shuts we use washing up brushes and spray flash with bleach and microfibres to mop up 

Personaly i I don’t think that’s expensive , we do a few jobs like this plastic clean gfs conservatory in and out and out side windows on house prices from £350 to £600 takes two people a day it’s fiddly work cleaning round all the window shuts we use washing up brushes and spray flash with bleach and microfibres to mop up 
I'm happy with £350 a day for a family member, they know they're getting a deal 

Latest Posts

Back