Algae

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by rafawindowcleaning, Jun 9, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. rafawindowcleaning

rafawindowcleaning Well-Known Member

Hi noticed lately that there seems to be a little bit of algae appearing in my tank. Whats the best method to gey rid? Was thinking liquid bleach in the tank and drian the tank completely ?? Would it.help? I have heard thats not too good idea to.drain tank completely as can create air pockets in the system and might create problems with water flow? Any advice much appreciated as always

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

If it's clear tanks then will be an ongoing issue if sunlight can get to them as the purification process doesn’t filter out micro organisms but does take out tap water chlorine. Funny enough I've noticed algae growth on the sides of plastic tanks don't seem to affect the tds at all. I usually just jet wash them out once or twice a year then flush the crud out. You could use bleach to wash them out too but I have never bothered myself.

You can also get mains electric UV pond inline filters that will kill micro bugs too. Again I have never bothered as the pure water never stays in the holdind tanks long enough to warrant this.

Best solution is to get tanks that don't let sunlight through so the micro organisms in the water don't multiply.

3. sdrah

sdrah Guest

is the water good to drink ?! as I do drink occasionally and sometimes the water is a bit over a week since has been produced ..

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I would not drink purified water myself... :rolleyes:

That's why mains tap water is safe to drink from a kichen tap as has chlorine added to kill all the bugs. As soon as you start messing with tap water i.e. putting it through an ro the chlorine is removed.

5. mufcglen

mufcglen Well-Known Member

has anyone tried the tablets you can get for motorhome tanks etc, iv got a little bit on the far side of my tank that i cant get too and am wanting to try somethingthat i could fill and leave for the weekend then drain and fill a few times before i go back out on monday?

6. keir

keir Guru

I use milton baby steriliser in my tanks once every now and then, but mainly before holidays where they are dormant for a couple of weeks. And more to do with legionaries disease than algae

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

So how much would you need to put in for say a full 1000 ltr ibc?

8. keir

keir Guru

Not sure smurf, i'll have a look at the bottle and let you know

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

10. keir

keir Guru

15ml per 2.5 ltr

Advertisement