Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Please some Advice on new brush head!

Hey guys, I've noticed that I need to buy a few new brush heads. I've started to get a bit of spotting. I've never bought any before and just wanted to know, are they a universal fitting? Whats the difference between the types of brush heads? I've heard of people using a green brush head (Not sure what brand it is) for first cleans and, where do you buy your brushes from? I've only really dealt with Grippatank but they are out of stock on most of there brush heads.

Many Thanks for any help.

Matt

Everyone has their own preferences i'd say. If your connection is a screw thread i'm not sure gardiner brush will fit as standard as they use quick lock. I personally use xline flocked brushes with rinse bar built in. They last ages and very light. Bit more expensive i think but you get what you pay for in this game. Think there site is xlinesystems.co.uk

you can select a screw thread in the option with Gardiner's, they are universal, with the exception of unger nlite angle adaptors I think

Everyone has their own preferences i'd say. If your connection is a screw thread i'm not sure gardiner brush will fit as standard as they use quick lock. I personally use xline flocked brushes with rinse bar built in. They last ages and very light. Bit more expensive i think but you get what you pay for in this game. Think there site is xlinesystems.co.uk
I would get a gardiners type 2 resi neck and then quicklok brushes..makes life a whole lot easier..that is what i use on my facelift pole

I prefer the ultimates especially the 35cm

a dual trim sill brush is great if you do a lot of sash type windows

Last edited by a moderator:
I would get a gardiners type 2 resi neck and then quicklok brushes..makes life a whole lot easier..that is what i use on my facelift poleI prefer the ultimates especially the 35cm

a dual trim sill brush is great if you do a lot of sash type windows
Thanks. What's a facelift pole? I use the same brush for glass and sills. I just have 3 different length poles!

Sill brush is just a different shape so easier to clean sills but does the glass like normal

Facelift is the range of poles from window cleaning warehouse

Soon to be an extreme 22 in 3 weeks when back from holiday

I use the ultimate brushes, Mark067 got me onto the ultimate brush range i use the medium soft and flock as approx 50% of my customer are wooden framed, leaded so need the flock also for first cleans flock is great, the other 50% windows I use the medium soft, if I didn't have a dicky shoulder I would probably go for the ultimate 35cm but I'm trying to keep the weight down, I know Daveyboy likes the ultimate 35cm brush.

Sill brush is just a different shape so easier to clean sills but does the glass like normalFacelift is the range of poles from window cleaning warehouse

Soon to be an extreme 22 in 3 weeks when back from holiday
Thank you for explaining that. I'm gradually getting to know things.

I use the ultimate brushes, Mark067 got me onto the ultimate brush range i use the medium soft and flock as approx 50% of my customer are wooden framed, leaded so need the flock also for first cleans flock is great, the other 50% windows I use the medium soft, if I didn't have a dicky shoulder I would probably go for the ultimate 35cm but I'm trying to keep the weight down, I know Daveyboy likes the ultimate 35cm brush.
So flocked on wooden frames and leadlining?! I was always more confident with it on leadlining. But never considered using a flocked on wood!

So flocked on wooden frames and leadlining?! I was always more confident with it on leadlining. But never considered using a flocked on wood!

I do lots of old houses with painted wooden frames also a good few original leaded window and you want a soft brush and the flock is the one to defo use, also another thing to consider if buying a gardiner brush is to get a bumper for it, I have had customers complain that their previous windier as scratch sills especially the painted sills, I have around 8 gardiner brushes and all mine have bumpers apart from my flock sill brush which I only use that for Connie roofs,cladding,gutters and fascia.

I do lots of old houses with painted wooden frames also a good few original leaded window and you want a soft brush and the flock is the one to defo use, also another thing to consider if buying a gardiner brush is to get a bumper for it, I have had customers complain that their previous windier as scratch sills especially the painted sills, I have around 8 gardiner brushes and all mine have bumpers apart from my flock sill brush which I only use that for Connie roofs,cladding,gutters and fascia.
I didn't even know you could get bumpers! Thanks, I'll take a look!

I have never used bumpers

I couldn't use the edge to scrape off stubborn bits otherwise lol

I have never used bumpersI couldn't use the edge to scrape off stubborn bits otherwise lol
I love my gardiner's superscraper flip the brush stubborn poo gone in seconds just have to be careful with leaded.

Back