Almost ready to take the plunge over to the darkside

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by kev, Oct 13, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Ready to change over to wfp after 19 years of traditional, i'm shitting myself to be honest :confused:. Any advice on changing over would be much appreciated. Already got a quote for a van mounted system. I'm currently trying to sell part of my round to finance it then i should be good to go o_O

Advertisement
  2. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

just remember kev selling part off your round!! you are going to be so much quicker WFP
    19 TRAD

3. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

you have nowt to worry about it will be best thing you do
    get decent poles and brushes hayho your a winner

4. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

meant to say 19 years trad with all that experience behind you you canny go wrong

5. TolishAPurd

It might be worth rigging it up so you sell on the non believers, just in case you encounter resistance you can have a guy to pass them on to at a price. Customer gets there tradder, and you get some money from someone that would have walked anyway. Lemonade out of lemons mate.

6. kev

kev Well-Known Member

I dont want to sell it mate but i've but i've been left in a position where i need to. Had a guy giving me a hand with it as a lot of it is high work but he keeps letting me down. Ideal situation would be to get the wfp and keep all the round but i need to sell to finance it and then plus i'm not having to rely on anyone else for the time being. I've still got 300 houses left to keep me going if i sell part of it. Problem is they have only ever been done traditional so i'd have the job of converting them over. It's a plunge into the unknown. I've been mulling over it most of the year

7. kev

kev Well-Known Member

That's what i've been saying to myself dunc but still a bit unsure

8. spanish pete

spanish pete Active Member

Kev why would you sell off some of your round just to go wtp. I have been window cleaning for over 30 years and even though most of my work is wtp . Its not without its problems including running costs. Yes its faster how much faster depends on how good you are trad Yes it makes a lot of jobs easier, but how much more do you think you will earn .

9. kev

kev Well-Known Member

I can see you're point mate but the round is in two sections. The part i'm selling is 16 miles away and it is a week and a half over due at the moment so that is the part i just need to sell as one lot

10. kev

kev Well-Known Member

The reason i'm selling is because it is too much to get round myself in one month mate. The work i'm selling is too dangerous to do on my own but it would be a breeze doing it wfp but i need to sell to get the wfp system. It would keep me up to date in the winter. Last winter was a nightmare. It just takes too long doing it trad on my own

Advertisement