Alternative pump use.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by jimmyboots, Jul 6, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. jimmyboots

jimmyboots Forum Addict

So, Saturday evening and I nip down to the Petrol station to put Diesel in the van. Grab the wrong pump and put £40 worth of unleaded into the almost empty tank :bangheadwall:.
    After thinking 'oh $#!t' I paid for my "petrol" Told the attendant, and then phoned my partner to get down with the car.
    She arrives ten minutes later and I shoot back home to rig a 12volt pump up with hose and two 25 litre barrels.
    After around 20 minutes I had got back to the garage and pumped out all of the offending fuel from the tank and replaced with £40 of Diesel. Whew,, crisis averted. All this without moving the van from the petrol pump.
    So the good old 12 volt pumps come in handy for things other than pure water :) Don't know what I would've done without one
    Also, I pumped half of the fuel from the barrels into the car so nothing wasted :balloondance:

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Alien Human

Top man - simple but obviously very effective solution......always the best :clap:

3. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Great idea, good thinking!

4. mr shine

mr shine Guru

the same happened me last year and the man in the garage told me to fill the tank with diesel and the petrol will burn off in a few days and it worked , now he did say if it was more than 20 quid then it have to be pumped out

5. MrBump

MrBump Guest

Great idea!

Advertisement