Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

mixed feelings

WCF

Help Support WCF:

steve garwood

ginger lion
I've come into a lot of money today as my worker who is also one of my best mates inherited a lump sum and has bought the round that he does for me.

This is something we agreed on 11 years ago when he first started working for me. He has also bought my second van and equipment

I relieved that a bit of pressure has been taken away as the round that I do is every six weeks, but its taking me nearly seven and that's with a youngster with me.

Anyway, as much as I'm pleased for Danny, and pleased with the substantial wedge that's in my account, I feel a bit torn. It took me over ten years to build two 6weekly rounds of proper work (no stopping the vans for one house etc), so I feel I've let my baby go.

Anyway thought id post it as id like to hear your views

Enjoy it mate. nothing to stop you doing it all over again, and it'll be a lot easier this time round if you wanted to.

Enjoy it mate. nothing to stop you doing it all over again, and it'll be a lot easier this time round if you wanted to.
No chance! My mortgage ends in August plus I'm 50 this year, plus I carry a bit of timber now. The thought of building that lot up again would kill me

I'm friendly with another windie who works the same areas as me, so any excess work I pick up now, he is buying off me.

I'm trying to slow down, but busy beyond beleif

No chance! My mortgage ends in August plus I'm 50 this year, plus I carry a bit of timber now. The thought of building that lot up again would kill meI'm friendly with another windie who works the same areas as me, so any excess work I pick up now, he is buying off me.

I'm trying to slow down, but busy beyond beleif
In that case, like i said mate,enjoy it, you've earnt it.

Things happen for a reason Steve. You're knocking on /emoticons/tongue.png, mortgage nearly paid, you've got a decent wedge and lost a bit of stress. Win win.

I'm in the same kind of boat, we're thinking of downsizing our house and moving to the country. I keep picking up new work but to be honest I won't need anywhere near as much work if we move. I'm an old fart like you /emoticons/biggrin.png

Good news Steve

Let's face it a window round is not tangible

You could have a bad turn of events and it dissolves to nothing

Cash in while on top and relax a bit

I would like to do that but in very different circumstances with young family etc

Things happen for a reason Steve. You're knocking on /emoticons/tongue.png, mortgage nearly paid, you've got a decent wedge and lost a bit of stress. Win win.
I'm in the same kind of boat, we're thinking of downsizing our house and moving to the country. I keep picking up new work but to be honest I won't need anywhere near as much work if we move. I'm an old fart like you /emoticons/biggrin.png
How very dare you! Lol. Yeh the mrs and myself are talking about downsizing. I had a decorater in last week doing up a bedroom that none of us ever walk in!!

I'm in the same kind of boat, we're thinking of downsizing our house and moving to the country. I keep picking up new work but to be honest I won't need anywhere near as much work if we move.

Yeh the mrs and myself are talking about downsizing. I had a decorater in last week doing up a bedroom that none of us ever walk in!!

Tis one of the reasons I can choose to work such short hours /emoticons/smile.png....and enjoy a stress free life :cheers:......

We down-sized last September .....

Life is pure bliss now.....no credit card debts :thumbsup:...no mortgage debt :thumbs:....and a nice money pot in the bank :rock:....

Seems weird now not paying a mortgage etc after all these years and having so much money left-over to play with at the end of every month /emoticons/biggrin.png.

My mortgage is paid in 8 years

Only just over 27k at the moment

Lovely

My house is worth nearly 10 times what i owe on it due to profit from last place and half of my dads house when he passed away

When my son leaves (eventually lol) i will be downsizing from a 3 bed also

Bloody hell! Its all happening this weekend. Had an early phone call this morning, and we've just sold our apartment in turkey.

I'm a bit hypo at the best of times and have high blood pressure, think I need valium and some skunk!!! :eek:

Why are you carry a bit of timber these day perhaps you should side line as a carpenter invest some of that money in some wood work tools lol which in turn would take ur mind of Millwall lol enjoy buddy..m

I only had a year left on my mortgage til I got divorced. I bought the marital home when we split and now I have a mortgage for the next 562 years

Why are you carry a bit of timber these day perhaps you should side line as a carpenter invest some of that money in some wood work tools lol which in turn would take ur mind of Millwall lol enjoy buddy..m
I assume you know the timber reference means I'm carrying a bit of weight? :thumbsup:

Back