Alternative solutions to ProtectaKote for lining van.

Discussion in 'Tutorials & DIY' started by Green Pro Clean Ltd, Aug 21, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Working on the new van build and wondering what you have done to line the back of yours.

It really is not essential in a the Trafic or Vivaro vans as they are Galvanized so don't rot anyway.

In my old Trafic however I did strip all the ply out and line it with ProtectaKote. The new van has lovely ply and I am planning on leaving it in so it helps deaden road noise.

I am planning on using ProtectaKote to cover it but just wondering if you lads have found any good alternatives.

I Paul Dodsworth lines his vans with lino but I think I want the brush on solution.

Suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. Andy

Andy Forum Addict

Can't remember who it was I'm sure someone on here had there van sprayed inside with a rubber type compound I saw some pictures but I can't remember if the pics were here or on the product website. It did look the bizz.

3. Andy

Andy Forum Addict

4. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

Bitumen

5. Green Pro Clean Ltd

6. jimmyboots

jimmyboots Forum Addict

7. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

Rubber paint

8. Andy

Andy Forum Addict

As CHWS said rubber paint I'm sure that's what they use and a throw away battery sprayer.

9. Cghwindowcleaning

Cghwindowcleaning Well-Known Member

I had the floor of my van applied with speedliner it's not cheap but will be done in a day and comes with a lifetime guarantee it was done around 2.5 years ago and still has no signs of ware.

10. Rosewood

Rosewood Active Member

I used isoflex liquid rubber from screwfix. I think it's really for repairing flat roofs but it works fine as long as you can put up with the smell that lasts for about a fortnight. A 4.5 ltr tin costs £40 I have a Nissan nv200 and used about half the tin.

Advertisement