Alternative to downspouts

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by Jimroot, Apr 6, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Nope but would look nice on an oriental type outbuilding/structure in a garden I suppose. I'm sure are tree hugger friends would love it too :D

3. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

I'm thinking of diverting to a water butt myself- possibly. I can see a rain chain becoming a pain in the posterior to set up and maintain.

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

They are not really practicle for an alternative to a house down pipe methinks.

5. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

Maybe where it doesn't rain much. Can imagine torrents of rain and bird **** spilling all over the place off decorative copper bowls and hoping the pvc pipe goes back up ok :)

6. KiwiNeil

KiwiNeil Newcomer

Seen quite a few chains used instead of down pipes but only the chain, none of the fancy decorative bits. Copes with quite a lot of water but needs to be quite a long way off the house wall.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

Interesting... I think maybe it does not suit UK conditions and roof types. Our downspouts are very close to the wall, and I can imagine damp forming easily in most instances.

Advertisement