Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

2 men in a van scenario

adamangler

Wakefield Window Warrior
I might (i say might if he is any good) be taking on a lad (family member) 1 day a week.

What do you guys reckon would be the most efficent and best way to operate

2 x van mounts

1x van mount and 1 backpack

1x van mount, 1 x trad bottoms

or something else ?

or not much in it ?

Yeh, i know i wont get twice as much done but just wondering whether to but the extra wfp gear or do the bottoms trad, be a bit of a change if nothing else as ive never really done any trad work.

If it's only for one day I wouldn't invest in anything besides trad. If you do, you could get in each others way. Id have him doing trad on bottoms.

If it's only for one day I wouldn't invest in anything besides trad. If you do, you could get in each others way. Id have him doing trad on bottoms.

thats a good point, backpack or trad would  keep costs down and mean i dont have the extra gear lying around whilst im on my own.

Problem solved 

Depends what you're clients are expecting as well, If you start him trad then the frames won't get cleaned properly and some clients might then expect trad on the downstairs every time. But this will be the cheapest option as he might get sick of it within a few weeks .

Bearing in mind what ever you decide you will have to train him up that means keeping a close eye on him and watching him while he works to ensure he is doing a proper job,

You could get a backpack a short pole you do the all the tops on the first house wfp then he follows shortly after with backpack doing downs you can watch him and do few windows with him and connys etc.Then once you are content with his work you can work out the best option moving forward as what will work best on your rounds.

Id prefer backpacking , in my opinion every worker should have trad gear as a standard. In my experience you are up to a third quicker with an extra man.

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Forums

After a little training worker with backpack or better still trolley for backs while you do the fronts.

two men doesn't mean cleaning the same house will be twice as quick as one man, but if you have compact work one man one house works much faster I have found.

The fastest setup imo is one van mount and one trolley. Trolley for rear.

Did this when my van was in for repair and we flew through the work.

2 men in one van MEH!

Lets say for example

1 man goes in starts 8.30/9.00am works til 3-4pm. No rushing about, cruise all day, couple small chats and maybe a coffee £200-£300 easily achieved.

2 men same day - £350 - £400 pulling out hair all day long.

My advice would be trolley for rears and fast fill!!!

The problem is it is more tiring lifting trolley in and out all day but the fast fill makes a big difference.. put in enough for the jobs you have if just the odd 1 or 2 before needing to move.. always empty ish when lifting in and out

Whatever you do . Do not start tradding . It is a step backwards and a hell of a lot slower. Plus you will have to start wearing adidas 2 stripe 3/4 length trackys . :1f602:

So backpack it is then.

@Damo I wish I could do 200-300 in 6-7 hours just cruising and drinking tea!

But no I wouldn't want an employee with me all week in the van. I like working alone, but for one day or two a week I reckon it will be ok. I hope

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess we're lucky down here or I am just too good :) 

Simon who started in July achieves that day in, day out, day in, day out and he finishes WAY before me every day. 

I could hit those figures but it would be a killer of a day and not sustainable over the week. 150-200 is more realistic for me working 9-3 ish. 

But I realise I'm up north so pretty happy with that tbh

M/bro   typical takings daily can grt oer £200,  some rounds are easier to clean, more compact,   Some you can finish early, others out all day so not too much work the next day.      The more experienced he gets he can do full rear , you do front, you pack away before he gets back.

THE ONLY PROBLEM I FOUND WHEN I HAD MY SON OUT WAS GETTING HOSES CROSSED OVER.bit of a headache but you are providing them with some income. so can put up with it.

Latest Posts

Back