Aluminium window frames

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by gwindows, Mar 2, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. gwindows

gwindows Member

Hi I have one shop which has the above frames and when I do them the top ones seem to be left with marks , and the big ones below seem to leave a small mark maybe a few inches below the top . So I have to do them again . None of my other windows have this problem but they are all wooden frames, help any suggestions as to why this is happening .
    Cheers

Advertisement
  2. Posh

Posh Hero

To be honest I can't see what aluminium frames has to do with it. I do a few of them & don't seem to have a problem with them. Sorry cant help.

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I had a first clean on a massive aluminium framed staircase on Friday. The place hadn't been cleaned in years! I knew it would leach, but impossible to use ladders and trad it. The cr@p just kept on coming out of the seals and there was no way I could avoid getting water on the frames. I explained to them and they were ok with it. I wasn't so happy as it didn't come up as good as I wanted. Every time it dried you could see the dirty water on the glass, so I would rinse that only for that water to get onto the frame below. Four big frames on top of each other and four side by side. I must've gone over it four times at least.

Aluminium patio doors are a mare too. I don't go near the frames on them.

Advertisement