Am I doing facebook wrong?

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Reach For The Glass, Apr 6, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Reach For The Glass

Reach For The Glass Well-Known Member

Hi guys

Have a Facebook buiseness page with my info on ect.

I decided to pay for a boost on a post and promote buiseness in local area.

The boost post was £10 for 3 days that's now expired as hit the £10. Had 2000 views and 11 clicks.

I had it set on friends of friends and swapped halfway so all my targeted people could view instead. Wasn't sure what to put under intrests? Had it set in both male and female to target too.

My promotion for local business was set in a 3 mile radius in busy london. Had 400 views no actions yet.

Basically had 0 yes 0 enquires what the hell am I doing wrong. I see some here have 8,9 ,10 enquires a week??

Thanks guys

Advertisement
  2. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

It is all about numbers mate u need to persist and wen u do it will pay off

3. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I do OK on mine but it's branding, people see my van or know my name but go to facebook to to find me.

daveyboy I think is supposed to be quite the facebook ninja, perhaps he can say.

4. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

Join as many local buy an sell groups etc. then post to them once per day

Post to ur business page once per day to keep interests up etc weather it's something funny or a update of pictures of a job u done

5. Reach For The Glass

Reach For The Glass Well-Known Member

Thanks guys lost a custys today too before I even started £10 a month to dear for a 3 bed semi yea ok.

6. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I hear that from time to time and I just say 'Thanks call me if you change your mind'

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I've messaged you Reach For The Glass

For me it is as simple as searching the name of every area in town and other areas i want work and finding every group that is called :
    Buy and sell
    Swap and sell
    (Area name) community group
    Small businesses in....
    I need
    Etc
    Then facebook gives you suggestions of related groups which usually gets you a lot more
    It can be slow at first but once you find a group that seems to work for you you will find people ask for a windy and your happy customers from those groups recommend you
    It snowballs from there
    For example someone asked on one of the community groups for a window cleaner and this is the response recommending me in the space of a few minutes
    Screenshot_2016-04-06-20-18-43.png Screenshot_2016-04-06-20-17-23.png

8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

theres a learning curve to it-like everything . my opinion its essential to have a-good workaday images b- a call to action with prices/special offer that has to be taken straight away

9. Andy

Andy Forum Addict

I joined over 30 groups the swap bye and sell ect used to post in all of them every day after day and got a few messers few being the operative word diddent work for me at all. Others it works realy well for.

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

It is strange
    Some groups you get nothing and others like 2 in particular that i am on are like little goldmines
    In a nice area which is like it's own little community on the outskirts of town
    They seem happy to recommend me for roofs..gutters..windows etc
    1 particular woman has recommended me to her neighbours, her tennants (landlady of 2 houses) and about 10 at least of her friends
    That is worth sorting through the odd messer which you can usually spot a mile away

Advertisement