Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Brush to clean van with?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paul1

Is it safe to clean my van when comes or car with any of the window cleaning brushes from gardiner? and can you do with normal tap water or best use the pure??

I have a gardiner supreme flocked and a hybrid soft any of these suitable don't want to scratch etc?

thanks

I have both of those brushes and have never had any issues.

I was with pure and never brush 'against the grain' if that makes sense. So I brush down (or sideways) then lift the brush off and do it again etc etc.

I'm more concerned about damaging the signage than the van.

What van did you end up going for Paul?

thanks mate ended up going for a 2012 Hyundai iload 2.5 comfort, but hoping if things carry on this good will go for a nice transporter or ford transit custom in few years

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The cladding brush is what I thought Alex recommended for cars...
Hi Jake

I did a quick search before posting but couldn't find his post.

I went onto another forum and found a post of his on the 23rd March 2015.

As you have discovered most window cleaning brushes are really designed for glass not painted surfaces ******************************/Smileys/classic/sad.gif

If you want to clean paintwork again then a fully flocked brush such as the Vikan vehicle brushes or our own fully flocked cladding brush would be suitable.

Even with these type of brushes though you need to be careful to keep them well flushed with water to avoid collecting grit in the bristles from the car's underbody and wheels.

So you are right as he also says that his cladding brush is suitable. Good memory there Jake! /emoticons/smile.png

What's the difference between using a brush and using a cloth to hand dry with all that heavy rubbing needs a woman's touch with a glancing agitation of a brush you blokes haven't a clue

No brushes are suitable no matter what anyone tells you, not if you want to lok after your paint anyway.
The Gardiner cladding brush wouldn't scratch paint mate, it's soft as a teenagers bum fluff.

So I know I'll post a pic of the 12 year old vehicle tomorrow spot the scratch don't believe everything you here
Ill bet you whatever you want your 12 year old vehicle will have many scratches and swirls, a photo isnt going to tell me anything, get it in the right light and it will be scratched especially if you have been using a brush.

Not trying to be clever, ive worked on car bodywork for a few years now.

Like i said dont use a brush, end of story.

Latest Posts

Back