Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Amusing or Bizzare Customers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Matty H

Following on from the awkward situation thread I thought it would be interesting to hear some weird of funny things customers have said or asked for: just to cheer us all up :)

I picked up a new custie about 4 months ago and she had windows done was really pleased and rang me to ask me go and collect money. When I got there she said "I'm really pleased Matt - here's your money. She then said "what if I wanted to be really ****ty and ask you to come and sort my insides out" I just stood there thinking what do I say when she suddenly started laughing and said sorry I didn't mean it that way!!! Phew, it's a shame she was in her 60's :) :)

I've never had anything like that haha.

I once had a guy ask me could I use my WFP kit to clean his German Shepherd. I think he was being serious as when I laughed he just stood there and looked at me /emoticons/unsure.png Awkward.

James.

One custie locked herself out & asked me to try get in through window. As I had my ladders I thought I'd be kind & have a go- Mistake! I got stuck, with my feet on the very top rung, half in the window & half out!!! Took me a good few mins to struggle free, I was really panicing!! Ha ha.

Never again.

One of my custys her mum had died and she asked me to clean her mums windows inside and out. No prob I said got the address and went to have a look. Got there and ther was a light on but thought shed left it on so it looked like someone was in. Anyway walked round it all through the garden etc. Went back and arranged a day to do it. That day. I picked up the keys and off I went. When got there the key wouldn't fit so went round back to. See if there was another door. After trying again I looked at the key and it's fob which said 49. She had told me 46. So I'd walked all round this house in the dark the previous evening and stood there trying a key in the door and walking around and it was the wrong house. It was opposite and smaller. Lucky someone never reported me. I never did tell her.

I was cleaning a care home one day, and at this one window, all I could see was my own reflection, then I suddenly focused in on this old lady on the other side an inch from the glass, staring straight at me, I nearly **** myself, it was as if her face just appeared out of the mist. I think she must has been there the whole time, wondering why this guy doesn't seem to see me, I honestly think she thought she was dead, because when I noticed her, she smiled and walked away.

However the funniest thing I have ever been asked, was years ago when I was working in a shop, and we sold these piñatas and a customer came up and said, excuse me, I was just wondering... (serious as anything no joke) ...are these reusable. Well all the muscles in my face couldn't stop me grinning, you would think she was winding me up, but she was so serious, I just said, no sorry I am afraid not.

Funny one badbusdriver and a Bizzare thing to say. Once I had somebody say can I stop cleaning their windows as the water from the window sill above is dripping on their car???? When I told them it would do no harm they said but the noise from the drips keeps their baby awake??? Why didn't they just move the car - weird!!!

i had a lady pack in cos she said she worked from home so was always in & didnt like the noise the brush made ??????? nothing you can say to that

i had a lady pack in cos she said she worked from home so was always in & didnt like the noise the brush made ??????? nothing you can say to that
Eh????? Now that's bloody stupid

I've had that one too buddy, people working from home sometimes get annoyed with the brush sometimes banging off the soffit boards (even when you can't help it as the window is that close to the ceiling and you need to get all that dirt out).

Just have to call it quits and pick up customers else where.

James.

Eh????? Now that's bloody stupid
That's ridiculous! If you want to make an omelet you've got to break a few eggs. Some clients are destined to get sacked.

Back