Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Nail varnish remover?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Incheck

Heard its good for removing paint blobs. what are we talking? The tesco cheap stuff or any specific brand in your own experiences? Stumbling across a few victims of the “spray paint my fence & not worry about where the excess blows” lately. That stuff travels far in the wind...

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Ok dude, i will research this as i dont know what they are lol, thanks [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Ok dude, i will research this as i dont know what they are lol, thanks
emoji4.png

Nail varnish remover is basically a thinner or solvent that will desolve paint or nail varnish , cellulose paint thinners is used to thin paint so it can be sprayed , the two products are similar and do the same job , cellulose paint thinners can be used with care on plastic products to remove paint or some staining but don’t poor it on or leave rags with thinners on a plastic or painted surface as it will damage it , it will desolve plastic completely if left long enough , hope this helps a bit 

In not totally convinced that a spirit based remover, whether cellouse or acetone will remove water based wood preserver used on fencing panels.

We have plenty of customers with this 'damage'. I won't get involved. I didn't put it on so I won't take it off.

If its on the glass, then a scraper with a shape blade and soapy solution is the best way. Frames, best left alone.

Any generic upvc solvent Cleaner will remove water based fence paint. I wouldn’t risk nail varnish remover - just buy something that was designed specifically for the job. If you go to a ‘plastics’ supplier you can get the good stuff for £2.50/ltr

Done one of them jobs in the summer!
Used ubik and magic sponge and quite of bit of elbow grease and they came out nice[emoji123]
To be honest if I persevered and showed a bit more patience I believe I could of completely removed it

In not totally convinced that a spirit based remover, whether cellouse or acetone will remove water based wood preserver used on fencing panels.

We have plenty of customers with this 'damage'. I won't get involved. I didn't put it on so I won't take it off.

If its on the glass, then a scraper with a shape blade and soapy solution is the best way. Frames, best left alone.

As i said I said in my original reply will remove most solvent based paints , wood stains and exterior wall paints arnt solvent based so no it won’t remove that , will remove gloss paint and paints that are made up with solvents ie oil based paints hope this clears up any confusion 

Hey guys, how do you apply the pink stuff to the fsg and would you do the whole fsg with it or just parts. also how long would you leave it and would you scrub it off with your wfp brush?

Back