Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Liters Per Min

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I must admit. I have really cranked the flow up on my backpack. I thought I would run out but nope I am working to the water speed now.

I have turned it down a bit tho as I didn't fancy working at that rate all day!!

Hotwash, can I ask you, how does your equipment stand up to hot water?

I saw RC propertys equipment like the hose and it was all twisted, you must get this? No? Do you get special hose etc.

How does your brush stand up to hot water too, what brush do you use?
to be fair my hose was 2 years old before i used hot water. lol

going to get some of that hose from xline soon!

to be fair my hose was 2 years old before i used hot water. lol

going to get some of that hose from xline soon!
The only snag we thought of was you cannot use john guest fittings with the xline pole hose /emoticons/sad.png

Hotwash, can I ask you, how does your equipment stand up to hot water?
I saw RC propertys equipment like the hose and it was all twisted, you must get this? No? Do you get special hose etc.

How does your brush stand up to hot water too, what brush do you use?
Very well on the hose side of things, not too convinced on the longevity of the brushes though. I have reinforced hoses though not the standard yellow stuff, it's almost like power washer hose its that good. The gardiner yellow pole hose is great with the hot water, the red lite 5 tubing is rubbish with hot water.

Brush use gardiner sill brushes have been through 4 in a year. So still looking for a decent brush. I have continuously used hot water for over a year now and we do a lot of houses nowadays so I imagine it might be a good starting point for comparison.

I am still waiting for the sample hose from xline which they rated as good.

I can tell you for a fact that hot water is the future of window cleaning and once you learn to use it properly it is awesome. You are right about a lot of equipment it is rubbish with hot water systems.

Very well on the hose side of things, not too convinced on the longevity of the brushes though. I have reinforced hoses though not the standard yellow stuff, it's almost like power washer hose its that good. The gardiner yellow pole hose is great with the hot water, the red lite 5 tubing is rubbish with hot water.

Brush use gardiner sill brushes have been through 4 in a year. So still looking for a decent brush. I have continuously used hot water for over a year now and we do a lot of houses nowadays so I imagine it might be a good starting point for comparison.

I am still waiting for the sample hose from xline which they rated as good.

I can tell you for a fact that hot water is the future of window cleaning and once you learn to use it properly it is awesome. You are right about a lot of equipment it is rubbish with hot water systems.
yer i got that yellow hose and after 6 months of use with hot water it started to blister. i think this is caused by where the hose is clamped onto the metal outler on the hose reel, that metal gets so hot and thats where i think its casuing problems!

the black phoenix pole hose it good too, like you say that new red pole hose for hot water is rubbish, its like a think nylon hose, you cant role it neatly atall.

the xline hose on talking to them say its tested upto 80deg and works with no problem.

I will leave this one to a competition video, spotting is not caused by Hot water. It is by the lack of knowledge that the user during testing has. Obviously you miss the point of pure water Richard probably due to lack of care and attention to the finest details. Maybe you should check your website spelling for fine details before you answer that one. Lmao
I will leave it with you Hotwash, I often work with a 100% Polyester brush the water is pure the brush is clean depending on the customer location, frequency & frames I don’t need to do the final rinse on over 70% of the windows I clean.

I can clean windows fast, price competitively and still achieve a higher hourly rate than my competitor who would charge the customer more money and take longer to clean - this is my cleaning method, you have your method.

Best wishes to you Hotwash, although I still think you should at least turn you water flow up.

Cheers, Richard

Latest Posts

Back