Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Debt advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jake Squirrell

So on my road I do a fair few houses and about 6 months ago I started cleaning the house dead opposite me, charge them £7 and do it every 5 weeks. The first two times I got paid fine but since I have done the windows 3 times meaning a debt of £21. Iv knocked on the door when there in and they ignore the door, must of left 10+ slips reminding them of the debt. Have bumped into them 2 or 3 times and each time they say oh yeah we will do it tonight but they never do. Would you take it further?

Definitely

Especially as they are opposite you and still think they can mug you off

Personally i would have lost the plot with them by now seeing their house every day would wind me up

personally id just forget it, but then just before xmas shove a bamboo sliver into the front doorlock. that brings a finality to it

Yes offer my address for sending cheques, my bank details for online payments and I knock on there door regularly also just they completely ignore me. I know both there names no phone number though

I just drop and move on now. It's only the odd one, I'd rather spend my time being productive than perusing twenty quid. If it was fifty though......

that would eat away at me.theres more to it here,not just the money.i have in the past left my van across a bad payers drive for non payment.(it works)leave it there and get your mrs to pick you up)this would be easy enough for you to do.it would be more the principle than the money-there taking you for a ride.or just leave it,i couldnt

A quick squirt of super glue in door key hole works a treat or snap a similar key In their lock will cost them a lock smith at least

Or just use the law, pay the £25 to file a claim and get what you are OWED.

Sod all to do with how much is owed, you are a business man and they are taking you for a mug. Probably bragging to their friends about muppet window cleaner begging with hand out. It's principle I would file for £5.

Back