Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

January's been a hard month!

CMRwindowcleaning

It's just been a struggle feels like I still haven't recovered from Xmas ive got zero motivation and the cold and dark mornings are making me want to just stay in bed! Anyone else feeling the same??

I've been the opposite and have felt fairly motivated since going back to work at the start of January. I took on a load of new customers at the start of the month which was good for morale too. I spent years getting up to go to work at 4.30am so getting up around 7ish for an 8/9am start is a doddle.

I've got more than enough work and been doing this for 3 years plus used to have early starts in previous job! Usually a really early bird aswel! Just feel lazy and like I can't snap out of it!

Hoping it passes soon suppose i will feel better once my finger tips stop feeling like there going to fall off lol

Fear not guys, spring time will bring in a load of new customers, and the weather won't get in the way so much. You can't go 100% all the time, and winter is a natural time for hibernation.

Fear not guys, spring time will bring in a load of new customers, and the weather won't get in the way so much. You can't go 100% all the time, and winter is a natural time for hibernation.
I prefer winter. I go quicker when it's cold. And I like it when it's dark at 4/4.30. Home time:thumbsup:

I prefer winter. I go quicker when it's cold. And I like it when it's dark at 4/4.30. Home time:thumbsup:
I agree mate, was just trying to make folk feel better. /emoticons/smile.png For you and me an early home time is a good thing,for others its devastating. Things feel a lot better when you just accept the dark evenings, cold weather, and other factors, and enjoy it as a break from the norm- instead of something thats ruining your business.

It's just been a struggle feels like I still haven't recovered from Xmas ive got zero motivation and the cold and dark mornings are making me want to just stay in bed! Anyone else feeling the same??
Real window cleaners do it in the cold !!

Get up and get out there......

I agree mate, was just trying to make folk feel better. /emoticons/smile.png For you and me an early home time is a good thing,for others its devastating. Things feel a lot better when you just accept the dark evenings, cold weather, and other factors, and enjoy it as a break from the norm- instead of something thats ruining your business.
Couldn't agree more mate. Home at 3.45, with a clear conscientious ( spelt wrong I suspect) love the winter

My motivation is food on the table and roof over my head ! And the fact that if I don't step up to the game , somebody other will for sure /emoticons/biggrin.png

My mood is generally dictated by the weather.

Theres been some horrible dark miserable rainy windy flooded shitty days, but this last weeks been a lot brighter, cold but sunny, the days are slowly dragging out and springs on is way, just keep going, soon be rushed off our feet sweating like pigs in a greenhouse praying for winter to get a bit of rest.

Well you f***kers have given me a kick up my winey bum!! Suppose I better stop moaning and crack on! Errrrrrrrrrrm how many of you work until 4-5? I'm always on my way home by 2-3 :whistle:

working till 5 and driving home in the dark/rush hour is something i used to do when i had a job.

Now i finish no later than 3, but go flat out till then with only a 10-15 min break for lunch

Well you f***kers have given me a kick up my winey bum!! Suppose I better stop moaning and crack on! Errrrrrrrrrrm how many of you work until 4-5? I'm always on my way home by 2-3 :whistle:
I like winter as long as it aint to bad where it stops you working. its the end of cobweb and spider season so you can clean windows faster and get home earlier,i was a fisherman in the north sea for 31 years so getting up at daft o clock in the morning and working in very cold weather conditions does not bother me i just crack on. when you are self employed you need a lot of self determination and drive to achieve your goals its very easy to get down and depressed in the winter with dark mornings and nights you just have to give yourself a kick up the **** and just remember its the same for all of us.

working till 5 and driving home in the dark/rush hour is something i used to do when i had a job.Now i finish no later than 3, but go flat out till then with only a 10-15 min break for lunch
I like between 30 mins and an hour for lunch. But I am getting old!!

dark here about 4 ish now. usually home by 3.

I always take an hour for lunch, and the odd cup of tea for 5 mins
I agree mate. I'm rarely in a rush. I must be a lazy bugger compared to some. I'm only doing one job today. A commercial that will take 2.5 hours. Job done

I was feeling the same pre the Christmas break, but been mega motivated since getting back to work last Monday, done two weeks 100% pushing, had it spit a little with rain one day but great the others, and I'm loving it, and feeling ready for Monday! Spring is a few weeks away, keep going till then /emoticons/smile.png

Back