Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Another beginner...

Fraggle

Hi, I was contemplating starting on traditional but having read the forum I'm convinced wfp is the way to go.
I'm planning on a few days a month to earn some extra cash so am just at the early stages. I'm thinking gardiner backpack and pole. Also thinking I'll get approx eight 25l drums that'll go in the car.
The bit I can't get my head around is the DI system. I'm in Scotland. I was looking at the nlite hydropower, seems to get good reviews, would this work OK with the gardiner equipment? Or is there a better way to purify the water? A DI vessel? Can i prepare the water the night before I plan to head out?

Also, for new customers, I'm thinking get a big batch of business cards and start chapping doors.

Thanks for any replies.

Hi, I was contemplating starting on traditional but having read the forum I'm convinced wfp is the way to go.
I'm planning on a few days a month to earn some extra cash so am just at the early stages. I'm thinking gardiner backpack and pole. Also thinking I'll get approx eight 25l drums that'll go in the car.
The bit I can't get my head around is the DI system. I'm in Scotland. I was looking at the nlite hydropower, seems to get good reviews, would this work OK with the gardiner equipment? Or is there a better way to purify the water? A DI vessel? Can i prepare the water the night before I plan to head out?

Also, for new customers, I'm thinking get a big batch of business cards and start chapping doors.

Thanks for any replies.
You need to find out if the water in your area is hard or soft, that will determine what purification method you need. Are there any spotless water stations near by, that would probably be better if you’re only doing a few days a month.

You need to find out if the water in your area is hard or soft, that will determine what purification method you need. Are there any spotless water stations near by, that would probably be better if you’re only doing a few days a month.
I'm in Glasgow so water is soft.

Thanks, had a look but looks like they're running low on supplies as most stuff is out of stock. I'll give them a call tomorrow
Yes, ring Doug and any advice you need he'll happily talk you through the options and advise you also he'll only sell you what you need as he is a really decent fella he also sells Gardiner poles so you may be able to buy everything from @doug atkinson

Back