Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

liquidator...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

We all clean at different speads so give the chap a break @Green. If he says it saves him time then all good. Also what difference does it make to how much time an individule takes on anysize property for that matter as some are more experiened than others.
It makes not an effing toss SMUF how long it takes anyone to do anything, but with no measure to judge against how do we know when to be impressed or not?

More to the point if someone is claiming that a tool saves them 10 mins per job well yes I do want to know what size property we are talking about. If we are talking mostly semis as mentioned earlier well then bu**sh*t is my opinion, if it's saving a whole 10 mins then you're only trying harder and faster as you got a new toy.

IF on the other hand Smurf, the gent is only doing properties like St James Windsor or Buckingham Palace well the 10 mins is neither here nor there really is it now?

So no, I have no intention of giving anyone a break until they are willing to quantify their measure.

After all the thread is all about talking people into spending hard earned cash on replacing something that has worked for 90 years so why shouldn't I have the right to know what size property SMURF?

I personally got one as I couldn't get my modded squeegee to be modded 100% to zero detail . So I have only used it Friday and Saturday morning . The really test will be this week to see if I can get any more done than I normally do . If it works out to save 20-25 % per week then great

It makes not an effing toss SMUF how long it takes anyone to do anything, but with no measure to judge against how do we know when to be impressed or not?More to the point if someone is claiming that a tool saves them 10 mins per job well yes I do want to know what size property we are talking about. If we are talking mostly semis as mentioned earlier well then bu**sh*t is my opinion, if it's saving a whole 10 mins then you're only trying harder and faster as you got a new toy.

IF on the other hand Smurf, the gent is only doing properties like St James Windsor or Buckingham Palace well the 10 mins is neither here nor there really is it now?

So no, I have no intention of giving anyone a break until they are willing to quantify their measure.

After all the thread is all about talking people into spending hard earned cash on replacing something that has worked for 90 years so why shouldn't I have the right to know what size property SMURF?

NO as is none of your business quite frankly /emoticons/tongue.png

Stop fretting as they are not exactly expensive to buy now are they if anyone wants to try them out.

Some saying they're not that impressed on another forum. The rubber seems to be an issue, as it's dragging.
The tool isn't designed to be going balls out rather a more steady approach but saving time not detailing

i am going quite fast with it with no dragging but also as it is warming up i will be swapping to hard rubber soon so it don't feel tacky

We all clean at different speads so give the chap a break @Green. If he says it saves him time then all good. Also what difference does it make to how much time an individule takes on anysize property for that matter as some are more experiened than others.
I am a quick tradder and it is saving me time even though i go slightly slower with the liquidators

It is all matter of relativity

Whatever speed you work it will save you some time so best to just try one and see what it can do for you

I can work with any bog standard tools or my own modded ones but would rather be using these channels

With what we earn 7 quid to try one is worth a go Green

NO as is none of your business quite frankly /emoticons/tongue.png
Stop fretting as they are not exactly expensive to buy now are they if anyone wants to try them out.
What the fu*k have I done to rattle your cage? Why you biting my head off? All I asked is for some quantification on the claim.

Why should I not? you seem to be making this rather personal Smurf! I aint the one that claimed it makes each job 10 mins faster, all I asked is the size of the job! You seem to have a problem with that Smurf. When did I lose my right to question someone on a statement they make on a public forum?

Attention to detail is eradicated by a huge percentage. May have to take slightly more time getting my squeegee technique used to this new tool. Although. I am generally saving time and still providing the quality of service. Junction Road consist of generally 3 bedroom, semi detached houses. 3 windows and a door on the front. 3 side windows and 3 rear windows including 2 converted "out building" windows. (first council houses to be erected in my home town 50 years ago). Although, mostly home owners now with UPVC Windows. So. on average... 10 plus windows. No huge panes of glass. Just windows.... Knock a minute off each one with this new tool justifies what I'm saying I'm sure. Also. I have managed a successful business now for 5 years without the need of transport. I am unable to drive. personal reasons. Although, positivity is what I aim for and I find this new tool a huge benefit to Window Cleaning. I have 6 sets of ladders dotted around my manner and I crack on... Well liked and well respected. Less detailing, less fluffing around with soggy scrim etc. If I see a product that is of benefit to the Windy's on this forum. I will share my experience. But. "yes" each to there own....

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever speed you work it will save you some time so best to just try one and see what it can do for you

I can work with any bog standard tools or my own modded ones but would rather be using these channels

With what we earn 7 quid to try one is worth a go Green
I aint arguing the price, I actually think it's good value for money Davey, I aint arguing anything as a matter of fact, all I asked is what size job is the guy saving ten minutes per job on? For all I know he might only do effing bungalows! But I am simply curious as to get an idea of scale vs time was all but it seems to have shoved a stick up Smurfs ****!

There's an old scottish guy round the corner from me who has never driven..is in his 60s and has around 500 custys per month and has ladders hidden all round the town

He walks and busses everywhere and is a busy bugger..good luck to him

.just proves you don't have to stick to what everyone else thinks is the norm

Thank you RJACN -- Please do be aware that there was no personal attack intended whatsoever just really curious (perhaps impressed) at a saving of 10 mins per job.

Now you have clarified the typical custie for you it gives a much clearer understanding of your statement.

Most of ours are ex council property with half that number of windows, so trying to see where you would save that kind of time prior to you clearing it up was rather tricky, if you see what I mean.

What the fu*k have I done to rattle your cage? Why you biting my head off? All I asked is for some quantification on the claim.Why should I not? you seem to be making this rather personal Smurf! I aint the one that claimed it makes each job 10 mins faster, all I asked is the size of the job! You seem to have a problem with that Smurf. When did I lose my right to question someone on a statement they make on a public forum?

Sounded like you were putting the fella down to me....

There's an old scottish guy round the corner from me who has never driven..is in his 60s and has around 500 custys per month and has ladders hidden all round the townHe walks and busses everywhere and is a busy bugger..good luck to him

.just proves you don't have to stick to what everyone else thinks is the norm
He's probably better off than us, no vehicle maintenance costs, no MOT, no car insurance, no fuel, he must be minted! /emoticons/smile.png)

I aint arguing the price, I actually think it's good value for money Davey, I aint arguing anything as a matter of fact, all I asked is what size job is the guy saving ten minutes per job on? For all I know he might only do effing bungalows! But I am simply curious as to get an idea of scale vs time was all but it seems to have shoved a stick up Smurfs ****!
I wasn't having a dig Darren..i was just saying it does save time

It is all relative as if someone takes 20 minutes per 3 bed and saves 10 or someone takes 10 minutes and saves 5 it all is a saving

I personally haven't timed myself as all i know is i am quick but i did get home about an hour earlier on friday than i normally would for the work i had

So that must be a time saving

I was sticking up for the chap as to be quite frank you come accross as having a go at him.

I don't give a fig if you buy one or not but it does get my back up when ppl try to put others down.

No matter the time saving, we'll find a way to waste it somewhere else, on the forum, drinking ale, voting Labour...

Providing quality of service is No.1 for us all. Although, saving time is important when your governed by the Weather and the Government. I will admit that I had a spring in my step yesterday.... I am a "Boy, with a new Toy" at the moment. (Which doesn't happen much nowadays, The wife and two girls have stole my F-ing thunder lol). Although, one way or another I do honestly feel that the Liquidator has done enough already to put my Dogeared Channel down. And if all changes "I'll be back"... Or is that the Terminator lol...

Back