Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Another hello and new year business startup

koopmaster

Hi its a new year and I have spent the last six months racking my brains thinking of a business that i can startup on my own.

I am currently on PAYE but have not had a pay rise in 5 years.... so when I lost my last job last june I registered a company but could not think of what to do with it....

then last week it hit me.. a window cleaning business.

my mate has been doing it for 20 years so i called him round and asked him to show me the proper way to clean a window.

I had most of the kit... a 11 foot double ladder (goes to 22 feet) and a roof rack (that we took down becuase we never used it in 6 months....

now i have a reason to use it..

I am going to do weekends at first and then once I am at the tipping point of 230 to 250 customers I will move to full time..

Its going to be a hard year but I am hell bent on being my own boss.

My business card came today so this weekend is canvassing.

Cheers

Matt

Hi I got full colour back and front from Vista print (cost about a tener for 1000)

I thought that would keep me going for a month but I went out on saturday and did 900 houses.

My feet are killing me and I pulled something in my foot but I got 8 customers, I cleaned my first house on Sunday so it was a good start to the new business.

Matt

I am going to get 2000 cards this week and aim to deliver them in 2 weeks.

Good decision to be your own boss Matt.

It takes alot of hard work getting customers in these times especially when the market is this saturated (believe me I'm doing the same thing). But I commend you for doing it! Saturdays are the best days for canvassing so make sure they are free!

If you wan't any help or advice dont hesitate to PM me.

James.

my goal is to do 25000 card drops by end of july. its a mamoth task but I am determined to do it.

my area seems to be viod of windows guys because I have 10 customers from 1000 cards so far and that was 1 week...

I thought about dropping cards but I thought people might just bin them /emoticons/unsure.png and mainly ignore the cards.

Back