Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning brush

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clean your brush!!??

What's that lol

I just pull the spiders webs off occasionally 

Just starting out so doing a lot of first cleans and get a lot of dirt on brush what’s the best way to clean this off ?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
If it's really bad like cleaning a sill that's had a house martin nest above it or something then I do what Part Timer does. If it's not bad I just run the bristles up and down quickly on the edge of the sill of the next window before I do it to get the bits off.

This is a question I was going to ask as always get bits in my brush that then come out on the next window so constantly bringing the brush down and cleaning it out with my hand. So do people not bother?

This is a question I was going to ask as always get bits in my brush that then come out on the next window so constantly bringing the brush down and cleaning it out with my hand. So do people not bother?
When you rinse the glass the bits will just flow off the glass, both those that you can see, and the microscopic ones. That is the basic principle of wfp after all. Taking the brush down to clean it between windows should absolutely not be needed. I wouldn't make any money at all that way..

If the windows are very dirty I do a quick first pass of all the frames, and go back to clean the glass. Water flow is also something that dictates how much the brush is rinsed out.

The brush head itself is also a big factor in how much muck it accumulates. I started out with a cheap dense facelift brush and while it worked it did get very dirty, and I couldn't rinse on glass with it. Then I switched to a gardiners super lite brush and it was a whole different league. (Am trying out a gardiners xtreme brush 45cm with four jets now  and it's awesome so far, but I've only used if for three days, so can't conclude on dirt build up yet).

Back