Another Newbie!!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Steve Lowe, Feb 11, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Steve Lowe

Steve Lowe Newcomer

Hi Guys and Girls!!

I just thought I would introduce myself, my name is Steve. I've been toying with the idea of starting Window Cleaning for a couple of years now and now, I feel is the right time for me!
    Currently doing the research to try and get as much right as possible!!

I am thinking of starting a Traditional Window Cleaning round so any tips on where to get gear from, Insurance etc would be most appreciated.

I have been toying with the idea of doing Trad downs stairs and getting a WFP Backpack for the upstairs! - What are your thoughts on that or would I be better sticking to Traditional all round??

Any help, thoughts, tips or advice would be most welcome.

Cheers
    Steve

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Welcome Steve. These are who I get my trad stuff from http://www.wintecs.co.uk/catalog/index.php I started out as a trad cleaner. One of my mates bought a trolley system and I thought, yeah that looks like an easier way to make my money, and it is! I bought a trolley and big ugly 30' pole and loads of 25L barrels. I used to make my pure in the garden and carry the barrels through the house. Very time consuming when you have to keep an eye on the water making process. I went fully wfp with a system in my van, got a tap in the garage and haven't looked back.

3. kellyKleen

kellyKleen Newcomer

Trad cleaning is cheap and easy to start but if you plan a change to WFP in the near future its better you to start this way as your customers will moan like hell if you change over in a few months. I fell off my ladder twice in one year so was able to prime them with the idea I needed too change to WFP as i would not survive a third fall lol

4. Steve Lowe

Steve Lowe Newcomer

Thanks Tuffers, I must admit I like the idea of WFP - No Ladders!!!!!
    Do you, or anyone else know of any good sites which explain it in detail so I can get to know the ins and outs of it??

Thanks again.

5. Steve Lowe

Steve Lowe Newcomer

Thanks kellyKleen, I must admit, that is one of my thoughts for going for the WFP!

6. keir

keir Guru

7. Posh

Posh Hero

If you go wfp I would strongly suggest reading up on it & watching videos on you tube. A lot of people including myself think its just brush water & clean. It's a lot harder then what a lot of people think.

If you go trad it's a lot cheaper but again it's not as easy as it looks. Get plenty of practise. Your missis will love the clean windows.

Window cleaning warehouse is another good place to get stuff as is the cleaning spot.
    Don't be tempted by the cxxp some places like tescos or wilkinsons sell. It's rubbish. Best to buy decent stuff & it a last a lot longer so better in the long run.

8. Posh

Posh Hero

Also google window cleaning coach. It will tell everything you need to know about starting a window cleaning business.

9. dasslr1

dasslr1 94 to go

welcome bud

10. norm

norm Grand Master

my ass is very butteful climbing ladders

Advertisement