Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which brush head & pole ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

lewiilew

Hi all I'm looking for a lightweight but sturdy pole that doesn't flex too much. And I'm not sure on which brush head ill need. Aluminium or fibre glass pole ? I've currently got a fibre glass pole not sure of the make with a vikan brush head the pole is slipping into itself and I've tried adjusting the clamps won't hold I think the poles worn out. My budget is 200 ideally which I know isn't alot.

go on gardiners pole systems website.with £200 you can buy the whole caboogle-carbon 18 slx pole,nice supreme soft bristle brush-boars hair in the middle,connector of choice & hose.or save your money & buy a harris pole for£15 & use your vikan brick-mean brush

Spray each pole section with clear lacquer and the clamps should grip again

Learnt that from a youtube vid by @Damo

Build up a few layers where the pole clamps

This is the vid

[media]

[/media]They spray the raised bits designed for clamping on the gardiners pole

My pole isn't like that so i spray the whole lot with 1 coat then the ends around the area i usually clamp them i build up a few layers

My pole isn't old but i found it still makes a lot of difference on fibreglass poles

Back