Another Scam Phone Call

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Smurf, Mar 11, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Smurf

Smurf Banned

This time was from a well spoken chap wanting to raise money for his charity by offering an ad in a magazine that goes out to so say thousands of households. So after a while listing to him go on I said "no I'm not interested" then he hung up on me without saying another word. :D

Phone number was withheld. Go figure :rolleyes:

Advertisement
  2. bluemoon

bluemoon Member

After placing an advet on free website, a couple of hours later i had call from global media corporation, asking if wanted ad in police and fire service magazine for charity, said i might be interested if send me details of advert and copy past publications they've done. Next thing i know get invoice in post wanting £180 for quarterly advert!!! Phoned them saying not paying and was only interested and after more info, they said i'd agreed verbal contract but could offer discount and do it for £100. i said i didn't want take advert out and did not want to pay as only just set up business. Was told it would be 50% cancellation fee, how can i cancel an order i din't place!!!! or the debt would be passed to collection company and be subject to court judgement!!!! Anyway i called trading standards and with them i sent a letter saying i wanted the invoice cancelled and they had been reported to TS. The next morning at 9.01 i receive email saying i would never hear from them again and the invoice was cancelled.

Scammers and crooks!!!!!

3. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

Sad what people do for money.

4. bluemoon

bluemoon Member

Exactly, they'll try anything to catch us out.

5. jimbob

jimbob Well-Known Member

anyone that rings me now I just say "I don't do business deals over the phone you never know who youre dealing with but if you would like to meet up or ill pop into your office for a chat" soon gets rid of them also Ive only had a couple since I cancelled my yell.com add.

Has anyone had the business banking survey calls they seem to be the latest ones for me

6. OoO

OoO Guest

Im still waiting for my prize :(

Gave him all my card details and i was told i would be entered into a special draw :(

7. Richard Barnes

Richard Barnes Well-Known Member

Had all those i just tell em not intrested

8. harunh

harunh Legend

I just hang up lol or if im bored ill hammer them lol

9. jimbob

jimbob Well-Known Member

yer I like getting clever with them when im bored I ask loads of questions trying to trip them up,

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Yeah right :D

Advertisement