Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Keeping The Wfp System From Freezing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Squeak and Bubbles

During the winter months I have real issues with my system freezing up. I cannot put an electric heater in the van as the location of my parked van is too far from the house as we have a residential car park.

Anyone use any portable gas heaters, and if so which ones?

Cheers

Depending H it could take him hours to fill up or alternatively it could waste his time of daylight.

I've never had real bad freezing problems.

This year I'll be wrapping my tank up with loft insulation. I'll also be putting hot water bottles in my tank in a morning before my early jobs that I don't need my system for.

Should be interesting.

As regards my outlets and hoses those will have d.i.y insulation aswell.

i see... and very good idea with the hot water bottles lol

I will fill up every morning.. will take me only 20 mins or so /emoticons/smile.png

will put duvet around my tank aswell /emoticons/smile.png

A friend insulated his whole van for the problem every winter, and he said in the summer he felt no difference, which is surprising.

I may insulate my next van fully but with this van not being big it makes little sense to fully kit it out.

I doubt the water bottles will make much difference but hope they may raise it a degree or so, and only takes 10mins to fill a couple and then using string pop them in like tea-bags.

i wouldn't worry about the tank, mine has only froze when i have left it for a week, and then its only the top of the water.

its more the outlet of the tank, your hose reel and pump. if i need the hose reel i take it indoors, if not i drain the water out of it.

if you can keep the water warm enough, then in theory it will stop everything else from freezing.

I have a 650ltr tank in the van, ( I only use two di's(11ltr) to get pure water. The tank is not that bad for freezing, it's everything else. Di's have cracked, connectors bust, it's such a nightmare. We live out in the sticks, so when it gets cold, it gets cold with no shelter. I just thought they might have been some small gas heater that I could have used, and if you guys used one during the winter months. :-(

I have a 650ltr tank in the van, ( I only use two di's(11ltr) to get pure water. The tank is not that bad for freezing, it's everything else. Di's have cracked, connectors bust, it's such a nightmare. We live out in the sticks, so when it gets cold, it gets cold with no shelter. I just thought they might have been some small gas heater that I could have used, and if you guys used one during the winter months. :-(
Whats your ppm before you connenct your di's squeek?

That's high... I have always used my system this way with 2x 11ltr di's. Works a treat, bag a resin every 8 weeks. 4 hrs work a month pays for a bag, not bad going.

That's high... I have always used my system this way with 2x 11ltr di's. Works a treat, bag a resin every 8 weeks. 4 hrs work a month pays for a bag, not bad going.
thats good /emoticons/tongue.png

im getting another vessel soon /emoticons/smile.png

Back