antifreeze

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by seanieg, Oct 25, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. seanieg

seanieg Newcomer

ok so winter is just round the corner now. i have heard people say to put isoproponol in the water as it prevents the water from freezing. so does it work? does it affect the the drying process? does it harm your system. if it does work what sort of mixture do you use and where is the best place to buy from. cheers

Advertisement
  2. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

It does work but you 10% to be of any use. And you need to buy the 99% pure stuff.
    Also pure water doesn't freeze at 0 degrees centigrade

3. mark

mark Forum Addict

isopropanol lowers the freezing process!!!but you need a decent amount of iso in your tank to prevent full on freezing.ideal for trad: in your bucket or on your applicator undiluted.if you've got cuts on your hands it will sting badly.99% iso will not harm your system.regular antifreeze is not a good idear

4. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

There is no suitable "antifreeze" solution for wfp. You are looking at heating the van and/or water. I use a 3KW immersion heater fitted to my 500ltr tank. This also acts as a van heater- a 500ltr radiator if you like so kills two birds with one stone.

5. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

Is that plugged into house mains electric or off battery ?

6. ♠Winp®oClean♠

It's run from main consumer unit in house on it's own 16amp breaker via a full 16 amp rig and timer.

7. seanieg

seanieg Newcomer

ok it looks like i wont be using that then. a heater is probably not a good option for me as i only do this part time and use a trolley system with 25ltr barrels. Also does the water not freeze that runs off of the window and on to the floor, i really dont want someone slipping on a patch of ice that i have made and suing my ass off. thanks for the previous comments

8. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

ipa in ur tank will stop freezing u will need a lot tho could wrk out expensive ur pump will sound different ive toyed with lots of mix's ect an my pump is still going strong so im shore ipa will b fine in tank, as for trad u cant beat neet screen wash bottle on the belt stile i dont freeze and u get suds :thumbsup:

9. monkeyman

monkeyman Well-Known Member

I keep a tub of rock salt in the van and through a handful down wherever nessesery.

10. ♠Winp®oClean♠

There is a point where you have to call it a day- regardless of what any hero might say.

Advertisement