Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

purefreedom booster pump set up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Graeme Broome

I've just got a aquatec reverse osmosis booster pump to go with my 200 GPD compact reverse osmosis and just want to check if I've got it in the right place, is this right?

spacer.png

The most common place to put a booster pump is between the prefilters and the r/o membranes which is what you have done. It stops any sediment damaging the pump if you placed it before the prefilters.

You do need to keep a close eye on those prefilters. Our water in Teesside is sometimes full of sediment so I would always recommend a sediment filter before the carbon block. I recommend a Fiberdyne carbon block - Daqua and Gardiners sell them. They are more expensive than the GAC or ordinary c/b filters, but they have a much longer service life.

I'm surprised the two of you manage on a 200GPD r/o tbh. Its my guess that this is why you have fitted a booster pump. My next upgrade would be another membrane housing and 3 x 150GPD membranes. That upgrade isn't expensive and will more than double your water production.

The 2 of us managed fine with the 450GPD upgrade without a booster pump.

-

Back