any advice for building a round

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by tony1987, Apr 3, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. tony1987

tony1987 Newcomer

Hi guys, new here been reading through lots of posts and it has really inspired me. I've been window cleaning for about 10 years now the first 3 years was all trad then we went over on to the wfp system still do trad but no a massive amount.so anyway I've got my van setup I've got everything I need but I'm currently working for a local window cleaning company, and recently he's been letting the work slip a bit organisation is terrible too plus he takes a huge percentage of the work I do which is fair enough but I'd like to go off and start my own round I've got a load of leaflets printed about 5 thousand so far I'm just a bit worried as there's so many window cleaners I'm my area the leaflets I've printed are really simple they look like greens. are leaflets the way to go as Im petrified of door knocking I'm fine talking to customers and collecting money just don't think I could bring myself to knock I'd like to get 200 to 300 customers on a 6 to 8 week round how long do you guys think this will take on leaflets alone is this doable on leaflets cheers tony

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Knock doors mate. I knocked a door of a big house in the sticks today. It's next to 2 bungalows and one of the people in the bungalows said that there were new people in the big house. I finished the bungalows and knocked the big house's door. I ended up with a £35 8 weekly. Be pleasant, cheerful and smile. First impressions go a long way. Me and lady T have delivered 100's of leaflets before and got a big fat 0.

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Hi & welcome :thumbsup:

4. tony1987

tony1987 Newcomer

Cheers I don't mind knocking if I'm cleaning a house and the customer mentions there neighbours looking for a window cleaner but other than that I've never knocked before and all the jobs I have got through people spotting me and wanting there windows cleaned I've just stupidly put them on the company I work for books I'll have to man up and knock some doors I guess lol in regards to the flyers do the simple flyers get a better response rather than flashy ones

5. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

tony , tuffers is bang on you will pick up graft quicker door knocking
    set your mind then knock them doors the more you do it the easier it is
    this works gd for WFP
    I have information pack I call it
    its sheet off paper telling cutomer all about the WFP system how it works and how brilliant it is
    tony customers love it, as they say breaks the ice

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

flyers DO work but the thing is you have to dole out a lot more than 5000 to get the sort of round you want. i built my round on simple 2 liner flyers and i can tell you it took probably 50000 .
    nontheless you have to start somewhere,promise yourself that you will deliver every single one/ of your 5000/ in under 2weeks as a target and see how you get along. good luck!

7. tony1987

tony1987 Newcomer

Thanks for all the replies wow 50000 how long did that take. with flyers do you hit the same area twice I'm gonna put a quote on for the whole house and just the front is this a bad idea cheers duncs do you give them that right from the start I'm trying to come up with a short simple line for knocking doors I don't wanna blabber on to much

8. High-tower

High-tower Active Member

You don't have to say anything more than, "hello, are you looking for a window cleaner?" then take it from there... You don't need a big sales pitch.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. boarcity

boarcity Guest

50000 was spread over about 3 yrs . i did some doorknockin at the start but that was taking me too long. i didnt cover the same area twice but i wanted to work in 4 diffrent towns in my area so i didnt get bored and it would have taken yrs to doorknock it all

10. tony1987

tony1987 Newcomer

Brilliant I'll have to try that I was thinking more along the lines of "hello I clean windows in this area just wondered if you'd like a window cleaner I come every 4 to 6 weeks" but I guess that's going on a bit too much I think I just can't get my head around knocking I don't know why it's scares me so much I can't stand it when people knock my door selling but I am always polite to them. Boarcity did you build your round on flyers alone has anyone managed to build there round on flyers alone I know when you get the work its easier to speak to people that walk past you doing a job and getting them onboard if I can get 100 jobs either 4 or 8 weeks I could survive on that maybe I need to set my goals a bit lower for now. I can't believe Ive just found this forum it's so inspiring hearing allot of guys going from nothing to having a really good round I'm just annoyed because the in the time I've been working for this company I've got them 100s of jobs I spose you live and learn

Advertisement