Any advice for cleaning tennis courts?

Discussion in 'Pressure Washing' started by sllab, Feb 20, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. sllab

sllab Active Member

I have been asked by a local sports center to clean their 2 tennis courts. 1500m2 total. I will also clean the block paving approx 60m2 at the entrance free of charge - they have other block paving around the complex and I would like to get the contract for that as well.

The tennis courts are currently unusable due to a lot of moss and other **** growing on them making them slippery and dangerous.

It is a Macadam surface as far as I can work out with painted on lines that should stand up to the washing.

Is there anything I should be aware of apart from being careful not to damage the surface and the fact they are flat so moving the **** that comes off will take much more time?

Also any suggestions on price?

Advertisement
  2. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

My customer had a firm in that only clean tennis courts
    They used algon
    I know that as they left a load so I used it on his paths and decking

3. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Would a wet vac be any use to help suck up the **** as there is no where for it run off to?

4. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

Years ago I jetwashed a tennis court for £50
    It was an absolute disaster
    Took hours looked terrible
    I hate tennis now

5. sllab

sllab Active Member

I will take my skyvac atom along to try and help get rid of some of the muck. Half the job is taking it out of the system.

Any ideas as far as price goes?

1300m of tennis court I measured today. so I am leaning towards £1300 including an algon type fungicidal wash. Possibly discounted slightly as a way to get my foot in the door so to speak

6. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

Horrendous do not use pressure

7. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Watch this.... see how much graft... then ask why the hell you would offer a discount?

8. sllab

sllab Active Member

The first thing I did is went on youtube and watched that video along with others. The courts both have a number of cracks and other minor damage which doesn't have too much of an effect on their use.

The complex is currently up for sale so the plan is to get the courts into a usable condition. With a view that the new owners would resurface them in a year or two.

Is there a reason not to use pressure? The surface is hard enough to not get damaged if set up correctly and from my, albeit limited, research the only way to clean them is with a pressure washer.

If not with a pressure washer do you have any suggestions how to clean it?

9. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Also how did you get to 1500 m2 i thought a tennis court was more or less 450 m2?

10. Green Pro Clean Ltd

And if up for sale why are you talking of a discount for the hope of future contracts?

Advertisement