any arthritis sufferers here

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by simon, Nov 28, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. simon

simon Guru

got it starting in both wrists now & stuff from the dr is ****, i think it was diclofenac,
    ive tried glucosamine & that doesn't help neither does msm, any other stuff you can suggest please

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

Diclafenic did nothing for me other than give me the s***'s.

A lot of people swear by glucosamine and condroitin combo, and its been around a long time. I heard that you have to use it for a while eg. 6 months before it takes effect though. Now knowing how the supplement industry works, this could just be false info put out by manufacturers to make you buy a load of it. The only way to know for sure is to try it yourself.

Fish oil, don't bother with cod l oil, just cheap fish oil bought in big tubs from holland and barrett is great stuff. Double the dose it says (this is for entertainment purposes only, seek the advice of a doctor)- its wonderful stuff. Wait until they have a sale though and stock up.

Voltarol gel, wonderful stuff but expensive, helped me a lot over the years.

Rest it, change jobs for a week, or take a week off. Use different tools for a while. Anything that makes your body do something different and use different muscles.

Massage. Helps remove toxins and releases tension in muscles that can cause pain.

3. simon

simon Guru

cheers mate, i take 1 omega 3 fish oil 1000mg a day for last 3 years now
    i've tried glucosamine 3 times over the years now lol 1500 mg 4 a day for 6 month it works on my partners arthritis but not me
    i think its partly age & cold weather thats kicked it off lately.
    the problem is i used an extreme brush for 3 years & just swapped to an xline which is deff heavier & i dont want to swap back cos the new extremes dont last, but mebbe i'll use them week about

4. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

I suffer where my ankle is full of metalwork, doc gave me 2x400mg ibuprofen to daily, doesn't do a thing, neither did diclofenac.

5. TolishAPurd

Everyone goes on about the gardiners and how light they are. Would it be worth investing for the sake of your health?

6. simon

simon Guru

the extreme brushes yeh probably but not an extreme pole yet, im a bit heavy handed & careless to risk one of those when my round is where i want it i might

7. Solarpanelcleanington

Solarpanelcleanington Forum Addict

Codeine and badminton.

8. Danfire

Danfire Well-Known Member

Feel bad for you, I would think arthritis is one if the last things you want in this line of work. My stepdaughter has suffered with arthritis since she was a child, anti inflammatories and painkillers until it gets too bad then it's joint replacements. Keep hearing an advert on LBC for something called APOS therapy, sounds like snake oil to me but might be worth looking into.

9. simon

simon Guru

i'll google that cheers, its not too bad yet but my mum has it & so did my nan both in their hands & i dont think i'd be window cleaning if it wasn't for wfp but my heart bleeds for kids who have it, bad enough when your older but kids just wrong

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Voltarol is diclofenac and works for me in conjunction with co codamol
    But if you're not used to taking codeine the combo can leave you buzzin a bit
    No need for ladders then

Advertisement