Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Flocked nightmare

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Marko067

I normally love my flocked brush but it was a nightmare this morning, even on full flow. There was so much debris on the windows and ledges from the wind yesterday it clogged the brush on the first house and then proceeded to come off all over the next one, and the next. After a couple more houses I gave up and popped my X-Line mono on. Forgot what a nice brush that is. Much better for this kind of work.

It's chucking it down now so it's coffee time.

I use a Xline Mono daily for all jobs, got a few of them, great brushes! IMO it's all you ever need.

I use a Gardiner super-lite medium mixed brush most of the time i find it nice to use and it seems to last very well i tried the Xline flocked brush another good brush have yet to try the Xline mono

On the whole flocked usually works well for me. But with all this storm debris it was a right royal pain this morning. I used about double the water I usually use in the first hour. I may keep the mono on for the time being and just use the flocked for leaded properties. I can switch em out pretty quick as I use a JG 'T' piece on my brushes.

is it a good brush just about to order one and a sill brush too
nice one mine will be here today at some point so will give it a go on a job i have booked in tomorrow

Glad to get my flocked back on today. I find them much better as long as there's not too much tree and plant debris form the wind and rain all over the frames. You can feel that they scrub better as they require more effort on the glass. This is my experience anyway.

Hello Mark my first week wfp this week used the flocked sill brush apart from three new builds the rest were in a village all had country gardens still lots of blossom and tiny leafs most were first cleans extra thick dusty cobwebs even though the brush did get clogged up a bit I found a quick flick thru with my hand easily removed the ****, I'm so glad I took yours and daveyboys advice on the flocked brushes when I order a new pole might try the ultimate flock brush, much prefer the flock to the medium mix I was learning on.

Hi Den. I find it useful to keep a good mono on board that I can quickly put on if need be. If you find your flocked getting loaded with dirt to the point where you're struggling I usually find a Mono will usually cope just fine. I like the flocked sill brush but I can't get on it on a swivel, and I like using a swivel. The Ultimate however, works really well on the swivel.

Thanks for the advice mark may be tempted to try a swivel in the future been enjoying experimenting to find what I like best big learning curve good for the grey matter lol.

I use Gardiner's Q-Loq swivel which allows you to swap your brushes over real quick if you use a John Guest T fitting on your brush as well. Here's a pic:

brush%2001.jpg

Looks good mate I like the q-loc myself so easy when I order another pole think I will try out the swivel, thanks for posting the photo.

ive a brand new flocked brush by xline doing northing I would be happy to swap it for a mono one

The jets are flatfan spraytips from spraytips.co.uk which are plastic but the hose connectors are metal as you can see. they do feel heavy in the hand compared to say Gardiner's red ones but on the brush and in use I don't really notice it. They give a nice wide fan which I like. They are a bit fiddly to fit though. I tried them on an old brush before fitting them to my best brushes though. They require an 11.7mm hole for a good tight fit. So you need to either buy an 11.7mm bit or drill a 10mm hole and open it up carefully till you can push fit them. Here are the links if you feel like having a go.

Pentastream Nozzles & Other Agriculture Tips | Spraytips

BSP Female Thread , Metric Push Fit , Pneumatic , Water etc

Tip: when drilling the brush stock, put it on a bench. Preferably clamp it in a workmate and open the holes up gradually till you reach the right size. Otherwise the drill can grab and you can end up hurting yourself and you will also end up with a very wonky hole.

If you do want to try them you will need the 1/8 bsp fittings from eBay to connect to them.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
i used my super lite flocked to day and imo its not as quick as my super lite mono as it holds to much dirt hot water and a mono is the best buy far for speed and mono gets bee pollon off with a quick circle motion were the flocked strugled mono is also beta on salty glass as the salt washes off the glass but flocked holds the salt and needs more rinsing but on the other flip of the coin flocked gets snail and slug trails off quicker but hot water realy helps to speed it up withy a mono so morol of the story get hot and use a mono brush:D:thumbsup:

The jets are flatfan spraytips from spraytips.co.uk which are plastic but the hose connectors are metal as you can see. they do feel heavy in the hand compared to say Gardiner's red ones but on the brush and in use I don't really notice it. They give a nice wide fan which I like. They are a bit fiddly to fit though. I tried them on an old brush before fitting them to my best brushes though. They require an 11.7mm hole for a good tight fit. So you need to either buy an 11.7mm bit or drill a 10mm hole and open it up carefully till you can push fit them. Here are the links if you feel like having a go.
Pentastream Nozzles & Other Agriculture Tips | Spraytips

BSP Female Thread , Metric Push Fit , Pneumatic , Water etc

Tip: when drilling the brush stock, put it on a bench. Preferably clamp it in a workmate and open the holes up gradually till you reach the right size. Otherwise the drill can grab and you can end up hurting yourself and you will also end up with a very wonky hole.

If you do want to try them you will need the 1/8 bsp fittings from eBay to connect to them.

What size drill bit do you need please and when they're in do you glue them in

Tony

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
He mentioned it Tony 11.7 mm can you get such a thing? He also said if not 10mm and open it up, I'd just use a 10 and open the hole by angling the drill after wards a bit at a time then just keep offering the jet up to see if it fits, or you could just stick to what you've got and save the trouble instead of wanting to order evey wfp gadget on the market./emoticons/biggrin.png :rof:

He mentioned it Tony 11.7 mm can you get such a thing? He also said if not 10mm and open it up, I'd just use a 10 and open the hole by angling the drill after wards a bit at a time then just keep offering the jet up to see if it fits, or you could just stick to what you've got and save the trouble instead of wanting to order evey wfp gadget on the market./emoticons/biggrin.png :rof:
Cheers, I missed that lol

Back