Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which wagtail

I can only speak for the combi as its the only one I have. Gutted I bought it really as its **** for its intended use, I think I gave up using the scrubber on it after a couple of weeks due to its poor design. Wish I had just bought the seperate squeegee as that looks pretty good. I know wagga and the like modify theirs to work properly but I don't want to have to modify it just for it to work the way its supposed so.

about 4 yrs ago i bought a flipper , loved it, i was still on my own at the time,working solo,with a big workload . i used it day in day out for 6 months then suddenly i got RSI in both wrists. i thought OMG my careers over , WHAT CAN I DO???

well i took off the mop pad and took to using a seperate Tbar for the soaping up . straight away my wrists got better and no problem at all since

I bleve it was the weight of the wet pad swinging on the pivot that did my wrists in .

about 4 yrs ago i bought a flipper , loved it, i was still on my own at the time,working solo,with a big workload . i used it day in day out for 6 months then suddenly i got RSI in both wrists. i thought OMG my careers over , WHAT CAN I DO???well i took off the mop pad and took to using a seperate Tbar for the soaping up . straight away my wrists got better and no problem at all since

I bleve it was the weight of the wet pad swinging on the pivot that did my wrists in .
Handle straightened to 20 degrees sorted that for me. You need to have it so that the back of the hand stays pretty much parallel with the forearm. That way the wrist isn't continually bending back at close out. The other thing I find is that on a pole, even a short one, that issue is negated and with no loss of efficiency.

I can only speak for the combi as its the only one I have. Gutted I bought it really as its **** for its intended use, I think I gave up using the scrubber on it after a couple of weeks due to its poor design. Wish I had just bought the seperate squeegee as that looks pretty good. I know wagga and the like modify theirs to work properly but I don't want to have to modify it just for it to work the way its supposed so.
I feel your pain. The thing is though that I found with a little experimentation (and forget about using the Combi as a one pass, waste of time) I was still saving a lot of time even with a tool that was less than optimal. I latched onto the swivel right from the start because I'd pretty much been doing a similar thing with Unger O degrees with the swivel loosened right off. Fine tuning it and taking tips from Polz Wagga and Herman and I had a squeegee that was saving me 'serious' time on most contracts. My main squeegees for most of my work is a 14 and 16" Combi (but, set up as a flipper, either under or over. I attach the pad clips to the top extrusion (the same one the handle is on. ....in fact... I have removed the bottom extrusion on one of my 16's and with a week under its belt I really do believe it's working smoother and more accurately. Yes, the damn things should work properly, but in my mind they are worth phaffing around with because the ongoing benefits outweigh the initial 'teeth gritting'.

Flipper or combi? What are the differences between them? Which is best in your opinion?
I've tried every damned combination of Wag available, and some that aren't and never will be. I've settled on the Widebody models set up as flippers (clips on top channel). The handle on top model has some weakness with pivot wear but I have that sorted. I personally find them easier to master and more forgiving than the PC. But in answer to your question, if you're a newbie to Wag, start with the Slimline handle under disc. If you like it add a pad and clips. Even if you go for a Widebody later the slimlines are superb as an indoor squeegee.

Back