Any Northern Ireland Guys Want Help For A Day?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by S.W. Window Cleaning, Jun 6, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. S.W. Window Cleaning

S.W. Window Cleaning Active Member

Hi,
    I haven`t started yet and was wondering if anybody would like a helper for the day in return for showing me traditional & wfp techniques.
    Cheers,
    Steve

Advertisement
  2. laddergarder

this is something we could probably have on the forum, as long as I wasn't currently training a new member of staff, I would mind having someone out with us for a bit. Its kind of a win win, as you get a bit of free labour, plus the new starts get to learn a few tricks of the trade.

Could we maybe have something pined to the top for new starts, and we can just post our details in there for windies that would participate and the rough area they work & method trad/wfp.

3. Posh

Posh Hero

Good idea.

4. Paul

Paul Guest

Good idea that ladder, I was lucky to work and train with another windy, I don't think I would of know what I know now without that help and of course this forum :D

5. laddergarder

yeah, might be a good idea to have the thread pinned to the introductions thread for new members. It would really only work if allot of windies offered to do this with newbies to the industry, but I cant imagine many would be against doing it. Even if it was someone in the same town I work, I still would be more than happy to help them out. From my point of view they will do it anyway, and if they learn the hard way and mike mistakes, it only damages the perception of window cleaners as a whole.

6. chris

chris Member

i would be interested in this.

how long would it take to teach someone to do it?

should be soemthing that benifits both. like a week of free help so by at the end the window cleaner is making money from the help and you have a good technique

7. laddergarder

I think a day or two would be fine, the thing is if they are not experienced at squeegeeing etc, then I wouldn't want them working away on any of my customers, I think just lifting and laying, and watching and learning, then maybe spend an hour or so at the end of the day giving them some one to one help with there squeegee/wfp technique. They can ask as many questions as they like through the day, and talk about the big do's and dont's to avoid any pitfalls.

Then if they aren't that far from you, they have someone they can call for advice if they need it.

8. chris

chris Member

thats a good point. id like to work with someone to learn some things and would practice on my windows tilll i get it perfect ;)

would be good if we add this to the forums =)

9. S.W. Window Cleaning

S.W. Window Cleaning Active Member

After a bit of searching I finally found a wfp cleaner to take me out for a day`s experienence. Going Tuesday. Hope it stays dry!
    Steve :)

10. harunh

harunh Legend

Good luck & enjoy

Advertisement