Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solar Panel Brush

rcproperty

584-512-large.jpg

Used this Unger solar panel brush today for the first time! have to say it was great, got a bit of weight to it tho, but that always helps when you got to scrub some hard muck off!

would reccomend this one to anyone that cleans solor panels!

Ive just been talking to a mate who went on a course about installing them, and decided that it'd be more hassle than its worth, be better cleaning them (he is a w/c as well as sparky). However, he was telling me on the course they said tat on hot days the surface temp on them can be 800 degrees, that's one reason they usually have to be on roofs or fenced in, which obviously would melt the brush on contact. Yet on the solar cleaning website the recommended time to clean is between April and August! The hottest months! I've never heard of anyone Having trouble with melting brushes, which leads me to think something isn't right with his info, anyone know better?

well it was a hot day when i cleaned mine and my brush is fine! same thing could be said about your van, that gets hot in the sun too, greenhouses get hot too, but the rubber dont melt! i think the temp is a bit far feched to be truthfull!

Back