Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Buying a round...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

M

MrBump

After being totally against all forms of kickstarting my way to a fuller round (paying a canvasser, buying a round etc) I have finally put aside my stubborness and realised I want a round before I retire! So I am considering buying some work in to get me from window cleaning hobbyist all the way up to at least part-time status :rof:

Basically does anyone have any advice on it? :hi:

Last edited:
Just make sure all is legit basically /emoticons/wink.png

I bought a days worth of work once, all was good, just make sure you meet the seller and go round the work first, beifre buying...

Where is the best place to find rounds for sale? I have kept a general eye open on the net etc but never seen any close enough to me.

Did all customers stay or did you lose any? Do you get them to agree their paying you now instead before buying? What about trad to wfp changes? Is it worth doing, would you recommend it?

Same diwrnach, just looking online, mostly for sale up north or london or around london but if I decide I want one I will look harder as any I do find it my area are snapped up pretty quickly, need to have mind made up prior to looking

I bought £1600 of monthly work from a fireman who didn't have the time anymore. Lost a few but picked up more. Prices weren't as high as I would've liked but weren't the worst and the round is very compact as it's been around for years. Since then I've canvassed the neighbours which he never done and easily doubled in the areas he gave me. Put the prices up a few quid each and weeded out any slow payers or moaners. Best thing is ask for a copy of their id make a small contract to say they won't operate in say a 5-10 mile radius of the area they have sold you for a minimum of 5 years. Visit the customers and work the round with them. Also ask to see any records they have book keeping invoices ect. Imo it's the best way to jump start a round but very hard to find a one mate.

I only lost 1, out of £150, and no other problems... It's a risk, bit you'll know when meeting the seller if it's legit or not...

theres often parttimer rounds for sale on Ebay or on Gumtree . i once bought a mornings worth of work from a local guy who had got scared of ladders, it was being sold cheaply too- however it was rubbish,full of moaners , within a year or so they cancelled me or i cancelled them . i paid £150

Where is the best place to find rounds for sale? I have kept a general eye open on the net etc but never seen any close enough to me.
Most window cleaners cant afford to live in the cotswolds thats why :rolleyes:/emoticons/biggrin.png

Ive never brought a round, always got my own customers but i would be interested if the prices were right and i wanted a kick start, u would have to expect some to lose but also some extra to gain is my intuition

I have sold a few rounds along the way. Goes like this.

Where someone calls for one we basically agree the deal over the phone, they come by and get to see a printout of the rounds full history. They then hand over the cash and we get in the car and I take them around and introduce them all to their new customers.

Also once they bought it any future work I get in that area gets passed right along. Don't like to work on a patch I have already sold. Bad form.

Cheers guys. I wish there were just days for sale at £150 a pop, you could buy a day at a time to test it out and gradually build a round up, that would be cool. Only round I can see for sale down here is thousands, so would have to be sure its right for me, legit and worthwhile doing. Any chreaper rounds, say £500-1500 go in 24-48hrs it seems! But I'm thinking more will get sold on over winter, however thats the same time custies might drop off. I wouldn't want to risk too much essentially you are buying nothing, but I'd take a punt on a few hundred quid..

Back