Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Who do you use for Public Liability?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Matthew Phillips

Hi guys, I was just wondering who you guys used for public liability? I was always covered as a builder and now that has run out and the window cleaning is full time I was wondering if there are any recommendations from you guys.

Cheers

Matt

Gleaming insurance (hiscox) £14.95 a month and everything possible is covered..specially tailored for our job

Also there is @Simply Business who is on here but i haven't used them

Give him a shout and see what he can do for you

Gleaming i think covers up to 25 metres lol

Also if you lose customers keys and they need a locksmith or if you forget to lock up and they get robbed etc

Covers pretty much anything

who ever you go with make sure the policy covers you for property damage. I was surprised how many policies exclude this. I'm with Hiscox and they include this wording so there is no doubt. "Cover includes: claims arising from damage to property being cleaned, treated, maintained or worked on by you"

Hiscox though Gleaming insurance covers everything....I had a cheaper policy with Axa last year but if I cleaned anything besides windows I was not covered...worth the extra just for peace of mind imho.

been with Simply Business at least 5 yrs now. had good service. i can remember that Hiscox werent intrested in quoting me [trad]

Is gleaming only £15 a month I thought was £30 for 5m cover?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

been with Simply Business at least 5 yrs now. had good service. i can remember that Hiscox werent intrested in quoting me [trad]
Thanks for the kind words @boarcity :thumbsup:

FYI, just a reminder for the SB customers on here, we offer a £25 refer-a-friend initiative (where both the referrer and the new customer get £25). So if you're going to insure with us anyway, it's worth dropping the guys on here a note as you may as well both get an extra £25!

And you can use the refer-a-friend as many times as you like!

I'm with gleaming, I just liked the simplicity of the 'one size fits all' policy on offer.

Simply business has always been a gent on here so deserves a good mention.:thumbsup:

Back