Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pressure washing on Cons and guttering??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paul1

Hi guys

is it possible to use somekind of extension from a pressure washer to jet wash guttering and or conservatories at all ?

also can anyone recommend which jet wash to go for please? low cost entry but good enough to do the job and reliable etc?

thanks as always

Paul1

I don't jetwash conservatories as water can leak through the seals easily

Wfp them is the best way

If you don't have wfp then buy a cheap trolley and use tapwater then squeegee roof after

I "have" jet washed connies and gutters in the past, I have a long reach pressure washing pole, forget how long now but its pretty big, but these days I just use WFP, much easier and less to no chance of causing any damage.

I got a custie a while back as their previous windie pressure washed the gutters (even though he was wfp :confused:) and sent dirty water in through the window vents. They did come up well granted, but he took the same amount of time I would have so why use it? I always wfp fsg and I've not had any issues yet (once on cladding but thats it) :thumbsup: My friend also has a leaking conservatory roof from ages ago when their windie pressure washed it. I'd stay away from pw fsg and especially connie roofs if it was me.

Before becoming a window cleaner, I fitted windows and conservatories and know exactly how the gaskets sit and work on the mullion bars that separate the glass sections. I would strongly advise to never use a jet washer on conny roofs

I've done it loads of times, no problems yet /emoticons/wink.png

Though I do use very low pressure and don't fire up into the seals,

For filthy gutters it's much easier to pressure wash than wfp them, that's for sure!

A local 'CONtempory' has seemingly vanished recently. Pressure washing con. roofs and blowing the seals,loosening panels, resulting in leaks and costly repairs. Even blowing guttering out of the brackets on one job, one section on the floor and, according to another victim, a section 'protruding in a worrying fashion' about 30 degrees from the wall. It's horses for courses and your conscience at the end of the day.....but i guess it's just human nature eh? The QUICK buck and scarper or the job done right and a repeat customer ? Personally i'll be glad when the building trade picks up....and half of these oiks will pick up their tools and leave the cleaning to us.

And Jake.......this is not pointed at you matey.

You're obviously a man that KNOWS the limit of his pressure!

OY VAY !!

Last edited:
I have it turned right down, mainly use it for the crown part of the conservatory (the decorative bit) as the brush isn't the best at cleaning those bits

Try flagged brushes. Floppy bits o' nylon and good for fine work.I just look at what i offer and take it from there...WFP.....PURE water cleaning....be honest with your client I'M NOT A HIPPY, i've no problem cleaning BY HAND with some chem. but i'm not spraying the likes of Solvitol in a fine mist into the air..i've got some sense of responsibility and not just for myself. I've used that **** on kitchen deep cleans APPLIED VIA DILUTED SOLUTION AND CLOTH, it's highly bloody corrosive. Try a bit of sweat.

Latest Posts

Back