Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

You Quote 3 Blocks of Apartments....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tuffers

You get a call to quote 3 apartment blocks spaced out over a city by a management company. One block to be cleaned per month, so they get cleaned every 3 months. You do a bit of background research on the company who have asked for the quote, it seems they have no website, not much info on them on the net but can be found on Zoopla. You email your quote after a quick gander on Google maps not really wanting the work as travelling in the city is a mare. You get a call today saying the work is yours if you drop the price by £25. While on the phone you ask why no website and they say it's in construction. Would you bother at all? Would you stick to your original quote? Would you sub it? Would you trust the company to pay?

Thoughts?

Depends what your quote was. If it was £300 then u could knock £25 off if u wanted the job. If u only quoted £60 then don't knock off more than a couple a quid. And that's if u can be bothered.

Depends what your quote was. If it was £300 then u could knock £25 off if u wanted the job. If u only quoted £60 then don't knock off more than a couple a quid. And that's if u can be bothered.
Good point! I quoted £175 per block and they want them done at £150 per block.

Have you done a search for them at Companies house?

Just type in the company name it will tell you how long trading, directors, cash at bank, bad debts etc etc.

Whenever I am asked for a commercial quotation I have the accountant do a check prior to even bidding just to make sure they pay their bills.

I would ask other questions

like how long have they managed the sites?

What happened to the last window cleaner?

Why are they looking for new contractors?

As green said you can look at any registered company by doing a due diligence check on them.

I would also would never quote a big job with out visiting the site and having proper look.

I do lots of work for managment companies and its some of my best work.

I would ask other questionslike how long have they managed the sites?

What happened to the last window cleaner?

Why are they looking for new contractors?

As green said you can look at any registered company by doing a due diligence check on them.

I would also would never quote a big job with out visiting the site and having proper look.

I do lots of work for managment companies and its some of my best work.
They are taking over the management. Last window cleaner wasn't interested apparently.

I've quoted from Google as it would take too much of my time visiting the sites in the flesh as they are so spread out over the city.

I can't be arsed with all this /emoticons/biggrin.png

If the last window cleaner isn't interested then that could be a warning sign.

And I would be concerned over a contract these people probably don't have.

I quoted a big one in Stevenage years ago for a company that were trying to take over the site.

They never had the contract and they never got it

there where at least 5 other window cleaners pricing it at the same time as me and all they wanted was the lowest possible price.

Latest Posts

Back