Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Univalve

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi guys new to this amazing forum , I have ordered the univalve for the WFP System . So does that mean I can get rid of the tap which is such a pain turning on and off thanks for any feedback

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Yes, welcome to the forum @amosbeckett . As per @Adams0211 tbh.

You also need the right hose. Exceed sell their blue hose especially for the Univalve as it doesn't stretch much. If you do a search on here you will find Gardiners also do a pole hose that works, but I don't know which one it is. Try searching for Univalve. There are dozens of posts this last year for you to get lost in.

But why do cleaners order something and then ask questions afterward? If you haven't got pole hose that will work then it means having to pay another delivery charge.

I use a combination of the Univalve and folding the hose in my fingers to stop the water flow. When moving between windows I often just fold the hose where it exits the pole and hold it against the pole till I'm ready for water and just let go. I don't know if this would work with reinforced hose but it does with PU hose.

Think Gardiner's do two PU hoses. An orange one for hot water use and their green one. I'm using a short length of orange (only because it came with a pole I bought years ago) in the pole and 25 mtrs of green with my trolley. The green one is slightly more stretchy than the orange when hot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, welcome to the forum @amosbeckett . As per @Adams0211 tbh.
You also need the right hose. Exceed sell their blue hose especially for the Univalve as it doesn't stretch much. If you do a search on here you will find Gardiners also do a pole hose that works, but I don't know which one it is. Try searching for Univalve. There are dozens of posts this last year for you to get lost in.

But why do cleaners order something and then ask questions afterward? If you haven't got pole hose that will work then it means having to pay another delivery charge.

Good point about the hose. I forgot to mention that. I've got to say, I really dislike the Exceed blue hose but I put up with it because of the univalve.

Welcome fella

I have used @Adams0211 's exceed hose and it feels awfull

I use the gardiners green pu which is a bit more rubbery and love it

Hi all,

I'm also new to the forum. I've been looking and learning for a good while but never really had anything to offer until now....

I use the orange gardiner hose with a hot system and the univalve. I've found it works fine with a standard one up one down house. However, extend the pole to clean 2nd storey windows or velux windows and there is a fair bit of flex in the hose and it needs a bit more of a tug and it can be a bit hit and miss operating the univalve, but generally it's a thumbs up

Hope this helps.

Back